BS in Business Management
Kanbar College of Design, Engineering & Commerce, Continuing & Professional Studies
Bachelor of Science
Hybrid (Online and On Campus), Online
Call to ActionsApply Request Information
No matter what’s fueling your ambition, we have the tools and structure to help you every step of the way as you achieve your goals.
Management and leadership are imperative skills for a career in business. In the Accelerated Bachelor of Science Degree Completion Program business management major, you will develop these essential qualities while gaining valuable expertise in teamwork, marketing, professional communication, accounting and operations management. Collaborative hybrid and online courses help prepare you to advance your career and pursue leadership positions.
As a graduate of this program, you will be prepared to apply for graduate studies in Jefferson’s Master of Science in Organizational Leadership and Master of Business Administration program.
Accelerated Program Features
Generous transfer credits accepted
Schedule for Your Busy Life: Eight-week terms; hybrid and online courses enable you to schedule your education around life and career demands.
Learn from the Real-world: Experienced faculty give insight into the field, while collaborative projects help develop practical skills while building your network.
To earn a Bachelor of Science degree, you must complete a minimum of 120 credits. These credits are acquired through transfer of credits from previously attended accredited colleges, universities and institutes, and through courses taken at Jefferson. Specific course requirements are listed below. Remaining credits are satisfied with elective courses.
College-level courses in writing, math, science, history, social science, humanities, and information systems are required for a Bachelor of Science degree.
General Education Core: 21 credits
- Written Communication (3 cr)
- Written Communication (3 cr)
- STAT 211/STAX 211 Finding & Evaluating Statistical Data
- Science Elective
- COMM 222/COMX 222: Speaking to Lead in the Digital Age
- PHIL 222/PHLX 222 Applied Professional Ethics
- Social Science Elective
Foundation Requirements: 21 credits
- CSSE 101/CSSX 101 Learning Across Lifespan
- ACCT 111/ACCX 111 Financial Accounting
- ACCT 112/ACCX 112 Managerial Accounting
- BLAW 211/BLWX 211 Business Law
- ECON 231/ECNX 231 Economic Decision Making
- MGMT 212/MGTX 212 Principles of Management
- MKTG 212/MKTX 212 Principles of Marketing
Creativity & Leadership Core: 15 credits
9 credits must be completed in residence at TJU
- CLC 310/CLCX 310 Creativity Foundations and Applications
- CLC 330/CLCX 330 Project Management
- CLC 340/CLCX 340 Leading Diverse Organizations
- CLC 350/CLCX 350 Creative Leadership
- CLC 360/CLCX 360 Leadership in the Digital Age
Major Requirements: 15 credits
12 credits must be completed in residence at TJU
- MIS 211/MISX 211 Management Information Systems
- FIN 323/FINX 323 Financial Decision Making
- MGMT 321/MGTX 321 Operations Management
- MGMT 322/MGTX 322 Business Analytics and Visualization
- BUS 498/BUSX 498 Business Management Capstone
Free electives: 48 credits
*Courses in this program are offered at Jefferson - East Falls Campus with hybrid and online course options.