No matter what’s fueling your ambition, we have the tools and structure to help you every step of the way as you achieve your goals.
The Accelerated Bachelor of Science Degree Completion Program health sciences major provides you with the necessary background and skills to work in health careers, such as positions in pathology labs, clinical trials or the pharmaceutical industry. Additionally, you will complete prerequisite coursework for entry into graduate programs for a variety of health professions.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, healthcare job opportunities will continue to soar through 2025.
Accelerated Program Features
Generous transfer credits accepted.
Schedule for your Busy Life: Eight-week terms; hybrid and online courses enable you to schedule your education around life and career demands.
Learn from the Real-world: Experienced faculty give insight into the field, while collaborative projects help develop practical skills while building your network.
To earn a Bachelor of Science degree, you must complete a minimum of 120 credits. These credits are acquired through transfer of credits from previously attended accredited colleges, universities and institutes, and through courses taken at Jefferson. Specific course requirements are listed below. Remaining credits are satisfied with elective courses.
Health Sciences Curriculum
- ENGL 101 English Composition
- ENGL (higher than 101)
- BIOL 121/122 Biology I/Lab
- MATH 350 or STAT 311 Statistics
- COMM 220 Speaking to Lead in the Digital Age
- PHIL 301 Healthcare Ethics
- Social Science Elective
- CSSE 101 Learning Across Lifespan
- BIOL 110/113 Anatomy & Physiology I/Lab
- BIOL 111/114 Anatomy & Physiology II/Lab
- BIOL 123/124 Biology II/Lab
- CHEM 110/111 Chemistry I/Lab
- HSC 110 Introduction to Health Professions
- HSC 120 Medical Terminology
- HSC 201 Human Disease and Treatment
- HSM 301 Health Systems and Policy
- HSM 350 Principles of Public Health & Epidemiology
- HSM 412 Compliance, Quality and Outcomes Analysis
- HSC 499 Health Sciences Capstone
- CLC 310 Creativity Foundations and Applications
- CLC 330 Project Management
- CLC 340 Leading Diverse Organizations
- CLC 350 Creative Leadership
- CLC 360 Leadership in the Digital Age
- *Choose electives from biological sciences, physical sciences, social sciences, or health professions.
- Free electives