BSE in Engineering
The B.S.E. in Engineering program at Jefferson (Philadephia University + Thomas Jefferson University) is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET. The program will prepare you with a breadth of engineering skills and knowledge while developing specific expertise and analytical skills in an area of technical concentration, including:
- Architectural Engineering
- Composites Engineering
- Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Textile Engineering
You will begin developing science, math, and engineering analysis skills in foundational courses. As a sophomore, you will select your area of concentration.
Through applied coursework culminating with a two-semester senior design project, you will gain hands-on, real world experience allowing you to obtain professional licensure, succeed in industry, pursue graduate studies, or start a business in your specialized concentration or in general engineering practice.
The ABET accredited B.S.E. in Engineering cultivates a breadth of engineering skills while facilitating technical depth in a unique field of concentration: architectural engineering, composites engineering, industrial and systems engineering, or textile engineering. Students choose a concentration in their sophomore year, and they graduate qualified to pursue Professional Engineering licensure (P.E.), industry careers, entrepreneurship, and graduate studies.
- Learn to solve problems while handling constraints such as complexity, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- Work in the lab to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- Leverage our faculty industry connections to land a great engineering internship or job