Technical Skills Seminar Series
The Jefferson Postdoctoral Association Technical Skills Seminar Series (TSSS) is a monthly seminar series aimed to provide a technical update on any biological laboratory bench approach or research-associated approaches, such as bioinformatics, statistics, or science communication, to the research community at Jefferson. In addition, TSSS presents the opportunity for postdocs and other researchers to discuss with experts around these topics. The JPA also encourages and welcomes Jefferson's postdocs to present their technical skills, first to improve their communication skills and second for better knowledge exchange between Jefferson's postdocs and other researchers; compensation will be given to all Jefferson postdoc speakers.
January 18, 12-1pm: Advanced workshop on using BioRender features to design better science figures. Check your Jefferson email to register.
Late February/Early March: Top Design Tips for Publication Figures, creating better figures for your manuscripts/publications.
More seminars will be posted soon.
Past TSSS Events
Jefferson Postdoctoral Association has hosted monthly technical seminars for many years on a variety of topics. Here is a sampling of those seminars.
- Graphic Design for Science. Adobe Illustrator and Beyond.
- DNAage : An Epigenetic Clock to Quantify the Aging Process & Advance Longevity Research
- Breeding, Colony Management and Troubleshooting: "Best Practices to Maximize Production and Problem Solve"
- RNAscope Technology and BaseScope Assay: in situ analysis of Gene Expression
- 3-D Bioprinting and its Applications, Allevi
- Tools to unravel the complexity of epigenetics-Diagenode (Epigenetics)
- XF Assays: Tools for Determining Cellular Metabolic Function- Aligent
- From Sample to Library Prep: QIAGEN solutions for robust, gel-free miRNA NGS library prep from serum and plasma-QIAGEN
- Simple Western and Milo for protein analysis-Protein Simple
Mouadh Barbirou, PhD
VP of Career Development
Dr. Barbirou is working for the postdoc community and is pleased to accommodate any specific request for future Technical Skills Seminars.
Please contact Dr. Barbirou with any suggestions for a specific skill or a new technology, or a guest speaker, or if you are a Jefferson postdoc and interested in presenting a TSSS.