Bruce A Bernstein, PhD
Bruce A Bernstein, PhD
Research & Practice Interests
Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrics
Culture and Medicine
Effects of Racism on Child Health
Adverse Childhood Experiences
Research Design & Data Analysis
Qualitative and Mixed Methods
Analysis of Complex/Secondary Data
PhD, Medical Anthropology, University of Connecticut
MS, Nutritional Science, University of Connecticut
MS, Dramatic Arts, Tufts University
- Child maltreatment surveillance following the ICD-10-CM transition, 2016-2018
- Changes in Blood Profile from Steady State in Patients with Sickle Cell Anemia Admitted for Vaso-occlusive Crisis and Acute Chest Syndrome
- Identification of Child Maltreatment-Related Emergency Department Visits in Connecticut, 2011 to 2014
- The Experience of Latina Mothers of Children and Youth With Special Health Care Needs: A Qualitative Study
- Discrimination and Mental Health in a Representative Sample of African-American and Afro-Caribbean Youth
- Hunter A, Bernstein B. Identification of Child Maltreatment Related Emergency Visits in Connecticut, 2011 to 2014. Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2019 Aug;58(9):970-976. doi: 10.1177/0009922819845895. Epub 2019 May 1.
- Brodie N, Bernstein B, McNesby F, Turchi, R. The Experience of Latina Mothers of Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs: A Qualitative Study. Global Pediatric Health. 2019; (6): Published online 2019 May 31. doi: 10.1177/2333794X19851390
- Stroup K, Sanders B, Bernstein B, Scherzer L, Pachter. A New EHR Training Curriculum and Assessment for Pediatric Residents. Appl Clin Inform. 2017:Oct;8(4):994-1002.
- Grunwald T, Fadia S, Bernstein B, Naliborski M, Wu S; Luca F.Vitamin D supplementation, the metabolic syndrome and oxidative stress in obese children. Journal of Pediatric Endocrinology & Metabolism. 30(4):383-388, 2017 Apr 01.
- Tolat A; Singh A; Woiciechowski M; Masotti M; Dell'orfano J; Berns E; Bernstein B; Lippman Analysis of Complications in Outpatient ICD Surgery On or Off Warfarin Anticoagulation. N. Pacing & Clinical Electrophysiology. 39(10):1046-1051, 2016 Oct
- Karwacki-Marugg C, Huddy K, Bernstein B, Whitaker M, Pranitis L, Morse B, Colangelo R, Stuart M, O’Donnell M, Kelsey A. Support for Women Achieving Cardiovascular Health Through Exercise And Nutrition (SWAN) Study Pilot. Ct Med. 2016: 80(2):69-74.
- Jacob DA, Franklin L, Bernstein B, Pall H. Results from a Patient Experience Study in Pediatric Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. Journal of Patient Experience. 2015:2 (2):1-6.
- Taylor DR, Bernstein BA, Carroll E, Oquendo E, Peyton L, Pachter LM. Keeping the Heat on for Children’s Health: A Successful Medical-Legal Partnership Initiative to Prevent Utility Shutoffs in Vulnerable Children. Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved. 2015:26 (3):676-685.
Lecturer, Jefferson College of Population Health
Fundamentals of Health Statistics