- East Falls Campus
- College of Rehabilitation Sciences
BS in Health Sciences
BS in Psychology
University of Delaware BS Partnership Program
- On Campus
Applicants for the Health Sciences and the Psychology, BS/Occupational Therapy, OTD (3+3) Accelerated Dual Degree programs will apply through the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at Thomas Jefferson University, East Falls Campus and may contact enroll@Jefferson.edu or 215-951-2800 with any questions.
Completed applications must be received by December 16, 2019 for consideration. Academically eligible candidates will be contacted via email by early February, 2020 to schedule an admissions interview. Final decisions will be released in early March, 2020.
Successful applicants are typically high achieving academic students, with strong SAT/ACT scores, who can demonstrate the motivation and readiness to pursue and succeed in the program. Health care experience is not required, but is of strong benefit. A completed application should include the following:
- Common Application or Jefferson Online Application.
- Official high school transcript. International applicants must submit official copies of secondary school marks or exam results. Photocopies of school records are permissible for evaluation purposes but if offered admission, official documents are required
- SAT and/or ACT scores.
- Two letters of recommendation.
One letter must be from an academic teacher. The other one can be from any of the following: Advisor, Clergy, Coach, Counselor, Mentor, Supervisor/Employer, or Teacher that might speak to your abilities, communication skills, motivation, interpersonal attributes, and emotional resilience.
- Personal statement (prompts)
- Supplemental OT Essay that discusses your motivation for pursuing a career as an Occupational Therapist (OT) and detailing the attributes you possess that make you well suited for the profession.
- Documentation of OT Healthcare Experience can include, but is not limited to, volunteering, shadowing, and academic medical programs related to healthcare, community, social and/or human services. The application portal will allow you to upload a document detailing any health care experience that you currently have. You should include the agency name and address, your position/title held, dates worked and hours accrued, and a detailed description of your responsibilities and/or experiences.
In addition to the required application materials listed above, please note that all international applicants must provide one of the following marks of English proficiency:
- Minimum TOEFL scores: 79 IBT; test must have been taken within last two years
- Minimum IELTS score: 6.5; test must have been taken within last two years
- Official SAT or ACT Exam Results
- Bridge Pathways at Jefferson Certificate: completion of level 5.
- ELS 112 Certificate of Completion
- Completion of English Composition I at a United States college or university with a “B” or higher
- Citizenship from a country where English is an official language (PDF)
Applications and application materials can be submitted online, emailed to enroll@Jefferson.edu or mailed to:
Office of Admissions
University of Delaware (UDEL) 3+3 Partnership Applicants
Jefferson also welcomes Occupational Therapy, OTD (3+3) Accelerated Dual Degree applicants through our partnership program with the University of Delaware. Successful applicants are typically high achieving academic students, with strong SAT/ACT scores, who can demonstrate the motivation and readiness to pursue and succeed in the program.
Applicants must initially apply for the option through UDEL prior to January 15, 2020 in order to declare their interest.
Once received, the Office of Admissions will respond to all applicants to request and collect the following additional application items by January 31, 2020:
- Supplemental Jefferson Application
- Supplemental OT Essay that discusses your motivation for pursuing a career as an Occupational Therapist (OT) and details the attributes you possess that make you well suited for the profession.
After those supplemental items are received, academically eligible candidates will be contacted via email to schedule an admissions interview in February. Final decisions will be released in March, 2020.
Interested students may reach out to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at Thomas Jefferson University, East Falls Campus at Enroll@Jefferson.edu or (215) 951-2800 with any questions.