Thank you in advance for supporting future Jefferson Rams and for your partnership with Thomas Jefferson University.
We understand the important role high school counselors have in helping students find a best-fit college or university for their educational goals. We are committed to providing you the information you need to in order to best advise students about their options at Jefferson.
Find resources below and please don’t hesitate to contact our admissions team if you have questions or would like to request materials.
Get to Know Us
Our students are open to collaboration, have big ideas and want to make those ideas real. They are inventive, imaginative, hard-working and passionate about making the world a better place for everyone.
Jefferson is perfect for students who have some idea of what they want to do, or at least what area of study intrigues them, and they like the idea of being treated as a professional—not just a college student—from Day One. We’re in the business of propelling students into careers of their passion. If you know a student that would appeal to, they’d love Jefferson.
Anyone who knows Jefferson knows we’re big on collaboration, innovation and problem-solving. We combine traditional coursework with projects for major organizations like IBM, NASA, Johnson & Johnson, Comcast and more, giving students unparalleled opportunities to engage with industries, network with top leaders and put their studies to actual use. It’s all part of our trademarked approach to learning called Nexus Learning™.
No matter what students study at Jefferson, Nexus Learning is how they study it. It’s active, collaborative, real-world and infused with the liberal arts. It fuses design thinking with hands-on execution, and it gives our students the competitive edge employers are seeking.
We have two main campuses in Philadelphia, PA: our tree-lined East Falls Campus is just 10 minutes north of downtown Philly and home to our first-year students. Our Center City Campus sits in the heart of downtown Philadelphia and houses the Sidney Kimmel Medical College and other health and medical programs. First-year students study on our East Falls Campus.
At Jefferson, our students are steps away from the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall. They explore art and science at world-class museums like The Barnes Foundation or The Academy of Natural Sciences, eat at trendy new restaurants and visit high-end boutiques. They also participate in service missions and community initiatives—check out Park in a Truck!
One of the most walkable cities in the United States, Philadelphia is a city of neighborhoods—from the lively music scene in Fishtown to the Italian Market in South Philly. With a low cost of living and job-market growth above 10 percent, Philadelphia is a fantastic place to be.
- Our academic scholarships range from $13,000 - $23,000 per year.
- 97% employment and grad school success rate overall for Jefferson undergrads
- 100% employment and grad school success rate among programs in the College of Architecture & the Built Environment, College of Health Professions, College of Humanities & Sciences and College of Life Sciences
- U.S. News & World Report has recognized Jefferson among “10 National Universities Grads Are Paid Well”
- 160+ student clubs and organizations
- 17 men’s and women’s NCAA Division II teams
- 68,500 Rams in our alumni network
- We offer both Early Action and Regular Decision admission options. Early Action is non-binding. Our Early Action application deadline is November 1 and our Regular Decision deadline is March 1.
- Early Action decisions are released in early December. Regular Decision decisions are released on a rolling basis starting in mid-December. Students will be notified via email when an official decision is available on the MyJefferson portal.
- National College Decision Day is May 1. Admitted students are encouraged to confirm their enrollment by May 1 to secure their seat at Jefferson.
- Explore our academic program offerings
- Learn more about the application process and important deadlines
- See all that is happening at Jefferson on The Nexus, our online news site
- Visit the Jefferson Rams website to learn about our athletics programs
- Download our undergraduate viewbook
- Browse our First Destination Report (PDF), an annual study of internships and employment among our undergraduate community
We're here to help
Our admissions team is eager to answer your questions and assist your students throughout the application process.