Creating equitable, healthy, resilient, connected communities—one park at a time.
- SELECT Neighborhoods choose what they want in their park
- LOAD All of the essentials are loaded onto a truck
- DELIVER The components are delivered to the park site
- BUILD Community volunteers build their park together.
Types of Parks
Explore creating and making in this interactive and flexible space. Paint a wall, experience art by local artists, attend a puppet show or a poetry ready at the Art/Maker Park. This park includes a platform for performance art; easels for painting and drawing; event spaces for artists to collaborate; a display area for showing off art.
Enjoy a book, relax, stroll through the garden or meet your neighbor for a game of chess at the Sanctuary Park. This park includes a place to stretch your legs around a mindful loop; lots of trees and sensory plants, chess tables, event areas for classes, movies, poetry readings and more; solar water element; a sensory wall; rain barrels.
Eat fresh berries, tend to the garden and enjoy a community dinner in the Edible Park. This park includes keyhole vegetable gardens; a potting table; compost area; a community dining table; 1200 gal. cistern for stormwater.
Climb a tree, build a clubhouse, chat by the fire or hide in the oversized nest at the Nature Park. This park includes a playhouse, natural materials such as logs, stumps and rocks; event space for classes and entertainment; tents for camping; a dry stream to collect rainwater.
Park in a Truck in the news!
- Park in a Truck Initiative Earns ‘Social Good’ Recognition From Fast Company Magazine (Jefferson Nexus | 9/30/2020)
- 'Park in a Truck' is like Ikea but for building neighborhood parks (Fast Company | 2/7/2020)
- Thomas Jefferson University professor’s idea for community-designed parks in Philly takes root (The Philadelphia Inquirer | 10/22/19)
- Our first park is coming to the Mantua community! (Jefferson News | 8/6/19)