- Program Director, Medical Residency Program
- Program Director, Medical Education Clerkship
- Professor, Radiation Oncology
We would like to welcome you to Jefferson's Radiation Oncology Residency Program. Thank you for exploring our website.
The Radiation Oncology Residency Program trains physicians through a multidisciplinary, research-based, patient-oriented approach to the practice of radiation oncology. We offer an ACGME-accredited, four-year residency program. As a hospital-based service with a major academic role within the medical college, our department considers resident training its most important academic function.
Jefferson's philosophy emphasizes basic science and translational research as a platform for the cutting-edge practice of oncology. Faculty members provide instruction in all aspects of radiation oncology.
Additionally, we have arranged for our residents to have the opportunity to enhance their educational experience by participating in the following off-site rotations during their training:
- A four-week Stereotactic Radiosurgery/Stereotactic Ablative Radiosurgery with Cyberknife for various cancer cases at Helen F. Graham Cancer Center at Christiana Care in Newark, DE.
- A six-week Pediatric Radiation Oncology Rotation at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis, TN.
- A four-to-six week at the Johns Hopkins Sibley campus for experience in pediatric radiation oncology and protons.
- Four-to-eight week rotations at our satellite treatment facilities, Jefferson Torresdale Hospital and Asplundh Cancer Pavilion.
Jefferson recognizes the importance of personal empowerment and a sustainable culture of wellness. Our curriculum includes fatigue mitigation, faculty mentorship, and wellness retreats that incorporate team-building. Jefferson's mission is to support the emotional health and well-being of its residents.
Jefferson Radiation Oncology Highlight Video
Each resident is responsible for seeing new consults, as well as on-treatment and follow-up patients, with the Attending.
Jefferson encourages and supports research by all department staff, and has made research an integral aspect of radiation oncology training.
Beyond the clinical responsibilities, residents obtain a comprehensive educational experience during their four years of training.
Top 10 Reasons to Choose Jefferson Radiation Oncology
There are many reasons to choose Jefferson. Learn about some of the most important.
Learn more about the current residents and alumni of the Jefferson Radiation Oncology Residency.
Residency Program Highlights
Jefferson Radiation Oncology residents go on to do great things. Learn about some of the most prominent.