- Sidney Kimmel Medical College
Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children - Delaware
- On Campus
Call to Actions
Train with some of the region’s very best pediatric general surgeons — in a two-year, pediatric surgical fellowship training program at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children. The Division is offering this program in affiliation with Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University.
The goal of the fellowship is to give individuals who have completed an accredited general surgery residency advanced knowledge and training in the management and surgical treatment of newborns, infants and children.
Our program features the full participation of all nine of the pediatric surgical division’s full-time faculty members. Each of these physicians will contribute greatly to your education. Your training will include operating room and outpatient clinic experience, as well as bedside evaluation of children. You’ll also play a role in the organization of formal teaching conferences, held weekly. Formal rotations will be spent on Pediatric Urology, Pediatric ENT, and Neonatology during the first 12 months. The last year will be spent entirely on the Pediatric Surgical Service.
The majority of your inpatient consultative time will take place at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children, a freestanding children’s hospital in Wilmington, Delaware. The hospital:
- is nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report in seven pediatric specialties
- is opening a new expansion this year, increasing from 192 beds to 260
- performs more than 2,800 inpatient and 9,300 outpatient surgical procedures each year in our operating rooms
- receives more than 50,000 annual visits in our Emergency Department (ED)
- is accredited by The American College of Surgeons as a Level One Pediatric Trauma Center (Emergency Department will also be expanding, from 29 to 44 bays, with a Fast Track area with separate waiting rooms)
- is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF)