BS in Health Services Management
No matter what’s fueling your ambition, we have the tools and structure to help you every step of the way as you achieve your goals.
The Bachelor of Science in Health Services Management prepares individuals for in demand entry-level management positions in today’s complex and evolving healthcare system. Develop knowledge and skills in topics such as health systems and policy, healthcare law and ethics, healthcare finance, public health and epidemiology, quality measurement and outcomes analysis, and strategic planning in health services management. Obtain the management and leadership skills needed to make a difference in a number of healthcare settings, including hospitals, clinics, government agencies and more.
Accelerated Program Features
Generous transfer credits accepted
Schedule for Your Busy Life: Eight-week terms; hybrid and online courses enable you to schedule your education around life and career demands.
Learn from the Real-world: Experienced faculty give insight into the field, while collaborative projects help develop practical skills while building your network.
To earn a Bachelor of Science degree, you must complete a minimum of 120 credits. These credits are acquired through transfer of credits from previously attended accredited colleges, universities and institutes, and through courses taken at Jefferson. Specific course requirements are listed below. Remaining credits are satisfied with elective courses (51 credits).
- ENGL 101 English Composition
- ENGL (higher than 101)
- Science elective
- MATH 350 or STAT 311 Statistics
- COMM 220 Speaking to Lead in the Digital Age
- PHIL 301 Healthcare Ethics
- Social Science Elective
- CSSE 101 Learning Across the Lifespan
- CPS 210 Financial Conc. for Nonfinancial Leaders
- ECON 331 Economic Decision Making
- CLC 310 Creativity Foundations and Applications
- CLC 320 Creativity in the Digital Age
- CLC 330 Project Management
- CLC 340 Leading Diverse Organizations
- CLC 350 Creative Leadership
- HSM 301 Health Systems and Policy
- HSM 303 Healthcare Law
- HSM 311 Health Informatics
- HSM 350 Principles of Public Health & Epidemiology
- HSM 351 Strategic Planning & Marketing for HSOs
- HSM 412 Compliance, Quality, and Outcomes Analysis
- HSM 407 Financial Managment of HSOs
- HSM 499 Capstone Seminar in Health Services Management
Courses in this program are offered at Jefferson - East Falls Campus, and at the Jefferson - Bucks County Campus. Courses offered at the Center City Campus are for Jefferson employees only. If you are not an employee of Jefferson Health or the University, please consider the Health Services Management major at the East Falls campus or online.