MS in Midwife Completion program classes begin three times a year, in fall, spring and summer.
Make sure to follow the specific instructions on this page when applying for the MS in Midwife Completion program, as each Midwifery program has customized requirements.
We have rolling admissions and application materials are accepted throughout the year. The deadlines for complete admissions materials to be received are as follows:
Fall Semester (August start)
APRIL 1 - Preferred Deadline
JUNE 1 - Final Deadline
Spring Semester (January start)
SEPTEMBER 1 - Preferred Deadline
November 1 - Final Deadline
Summer Semester (late May start)
MARCH 1 - Preferred Deadline
APRIL 1 - Final Deadline
MS Completion students have the additional option of a summer (late May) start.
To be eligible for admission to the Jefferson MS in Midwifery Completion program, you must have the following credentials:
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Completion of a three-credit statistics course.
- Completion of, or current enrollment in, an ACME (Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education) accredited midwifery education program with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Standardized test scores (GRE) are recommended but not required.
- Two letters of reference.
- Academic Writing sample - a critique of an article that appeared in the Journal of Midwifery & Women’s Health within the last year (not required of Midwifery Institute Alumnae).
- Professional resume or CV
Qualified applicants will be granted a telephone interview by a Jefferson faculty member. If you have questions concerning the program, please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions, 215-951-2943, InstituteofMidwifery@PhilaU.edu.