We train transformative communicators for
21st century opportunities.
What is the Communication program at Jefferson? It is where transformative communicators are prepared for success in careers across the entire spectrum of 21st century media. Jefferson’s Communication students benefit from personal attention from industry prepared faculty while taking advantage of the broader opportunities available at a large professionally oriented university. Students can tailor their career preparation to their personal and professional interests, with opportunities in sports communication, fashion communication, health communication and more.
In the Communication program you will:
- Develop skills in community advocacy, public speaking, storytelling, and effective team management
- Create multimedia projects with industry-specific communication technology in our dedicated media lab
- Gain real-world experience through internships in marketing, public relations or other related areas or engagement with community organizations
- Work closely with faculty with a wide range of industry experience, such as in fashion, health, or sports communication
- Explore your interests as you develop preparation for a career in public relations, sports journalism, fashion journalism, or other communication professions
After completing our program, our graduates have gone on to:
- Public Relations
- Social media management
- Family and small businesses
Roxboro Round Tables
There are so many opportunities for you to connect your learning with other activities around campus and Philadelphia, including participation and Leadership in the Roxboro Round Tables in the ‘living room’ of the Arlen Specter Center.
The Digital Voice
Collaborate with students on The Digital Voice, a student-run digital publication.