MS in International Fashion Design Management
About the Program
The groundbreaking MS in International Fashion Design Management program is developed to create the next generation of fashion professionals for a complex global fashion system. Students are invited to create their own path, and customize the experience to focus on different tracks with global opportunities right at their fingertips. By moving beyond the hand-crafted approach to fashion, students will have the opportunity to focus on design as a strategic function, integrated along the cycle of research and design, product development, branding and distribution.
This 30-credit degree offers flexible hybrid and virtual components. During the final semester, students participate in an outbound experience, which is student led and faculty advised to allow students to research and study in any region in the world. Students select a mentor and location, and determine the length of their stay in that region to offer more flexibility. During the final semester, participants create a project that demonstrates topic mastery through synthesis of knowledge and skills inspired from their previous coursework.
Reasons to Study MS in International Fashion Design Management
- Create your own path: customize your experience to focus on Fashion Design Entrepreneurship, Sustainability, or Technology
- Emphasis on Global Fashion allows students to study international fashion regions alongside influential industry leaders
- Industry engagement and partnerships with top brands create exclusive networking connections
- Explore fashion design in a lens of industry importance and how it drives economic and social transformation
- Develop a clear understanding of generating and developing a wide variety of design ideas that uphold a professional standard
International & Industry Collaboration
Through this program, students explore fashion design through the lens of industry importance and learn about how it drives economic and social transformation. With an emphasis on Global Fashion, students study international fashion regions alongside influential industry leaders. Industry engagements and partnerships with top brands create exclusive networking connections, and help students develop a clear understanding of generating and developing a wide variety of ideas that uphold a professional standard.
Students in this cutting-edge international program move beyond the hand-crafted approach to fashion, to focus on design as a strategic function, along the cycle of research and design, product development, branding and distribution.
- Work with international design teams on real world projects, entrenched in the European luxury market
- Design within a corporate brand structure, incorporating technology into globalization and the brand building process.
- Work with Industry Mentors on Capstone experiences
- Flexible Outbound Travel allows students to customize the experience to their interests and schedule
- Sustainability focused concentrations allow students to study eco-friendly advancements in the fashion industry
- An innovation focused concentration allows students to study technological advancements pushing the boundaries of the fashion industry.
- Entrepreneurship and leadership focused concentrations prepare students to recognize value creation and new venture success in today’s economy.
- International Fashion Design Management lecture series invites guest speakers from top brands to share their expert knowledge with the next generation of innovative professionals.