The program is designed for prospective students who have professional experience, previous student, or a particular aptitude in computer programming, design, and/or visual arts.
Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) uses a rolling admissions policy, meaning there is no set application deadline.
To apply students must be able to provide:
- Completed Application for Graduate Admissions (online).
- Official Academic Transcripts.
- Current Resume/CV.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
(may be emailed directly by recommenders).
- A thoughtful essay, focused on the unique ways they anticipate contributing to this interdisciplinary program.
- Design portfolio, preferably in an interactive format. PDFs are accepted.
Submit Application and email applicant information to: GradAdm@PhilaU.edu
Or mail supporting documents to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
Thomas Jefferson University, East Falls Campus
4201 Henry Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19144-5497
A substantial number of students inside this program come from outside the US; we welcome and value global perspectives.Fast and fluent English speaking and comprehension are crucial to success in a graduate-level studio design program. For international applicants, the program has determined that TOEFL IBT speaking and listening subscores above 20 are needed to allow students to function effectively. Students whose scores are slightly below these levels are still encouraged to apply; they may be offered admission, conditional on completion of a recommended foundational English program.
18-Month Advanced Professional Track Requirements
In addition to the general graduate program admission requirements, highly qualified professionals may be eligible for a consolidated 31 credit, 18-month degree program. In order to be eligible for this prospective students must meet the following qualifications:
- Interactive portfolio that demonstrates established work in the interactive field.
- Minimum of 3-years working experience in relative profession.
- Conduct an in-person or video-conference interview with the program director.
18-Month Program Undergraduate Pathway Admission Requirements
In addition to the general graduate program admission requirements, recent Jefferson graduates may be eligible for a consolidated 31 credit, 18-month degree program. In order to be eligible for this opportunity students must meet the following criteria as part of their undergraduate degree completion at PhilaU:
- Minimum 3.5 GPA.
- Completed undergraduate Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Animation and Digital Media, or Interactive Design and Development program.
- If not a graduate of the Interactive Design and Development program, student must have taken “IDD-510 Essentials of Interactive Design” with a ‘B’ or greater OR completed a Web Design and Development minor.