Clinical Research: Operations
The Certificate Program in Clinical Research: Operations trains individuals in the administration, coordination and management of clinical research studies. Expansion in the field of clinical research and trials has also expanded the need for trained administrators and mangers.
Clinical research is a rapidly expanding field, with diverse employment opportunities in settings such as universities, hospital systems, and the pharmaceutical industry. Human subjects research is complex and requires an understanding of funding sources, regulatory issues, project management, study design, and data analysis. This program is designed to introduce students to careers in Clinical Research.
The Certificate in Clinical Trials: Operations will provide students with foundational knowledge of the clinical trials process.
- Introduce students to project, financial, and data management of clinical trials.
- Provide education on the regulations and ethical issues that surround human subject research
- Provide foundational knowledge of the clinical trials process
Prospective students interested in pursuing a career in clinical research should also be:
- Graduates of baccalaureate programs in basic sciences, nursing, health professions, engineering, or business
- Graduates or students of professional programs (medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, law)
- Graduates or students of doctoral or post-doctoral programs.