We are passionate about providing authentic food and flavors that are handcrafted and personally designed by our chefs for our guests. Our recipes come to life every day in our kitchens using the best ingredients prepared in the freshest ways possible.
We believe in knowing your source and partnering with the finest, local, family-owned farms and producers of food in our communities, for fresh products right from the neighborhood.
Our focus is on craftsmanship, and we choose imperfection over standardization.
Our chefs take production into their own hands – chopping, dicing, peeling, and cooking from scratch with real ingredients. It’s at the core of who we are, and we embrace it.
Our teams follow these standards to assure the highest level of food quality and the most flavorful, nutritious options for our guests.
Culinary Gold Standards
Our Methods of Pure Craftsmanship
- We always serve fresh, cage-free shell eggs.
- Our pizza dough is freshly made from scratch.
- All entrée meats are roasted right in our kitchens.
- We only use USDA inspected all natural, fresh never frozen ground beef.
- We follow the Monterey Bay Seafood Guidelines for sustainable seafood.
- We only use rBST-free fluid milk from small regional dairies that support local family farms.
- We only use real cheese.
- All of our chicken and fish are hand-breaded by our chefs.
- We use real, fresh from the farm, potatoes.
- We only use trans-fat free cooking oils.
- Our soups and sauces are made from scratch, using real and fresh ingredients to make stock.
- Our prepared deli salads, from coleslaw to quinoa, are made in our kitchens from scratch.
- All deli meats are sliced in our kitchens daily.
Our scratch cooking methods are simple. We focus on fresh, non-processed ingredients that are not only good for you but authentically flavorful. On the plate, that means vibrant, savory and more nutritive value. Food is prepared to order or cooked in small batches as close to service as possible. We’ll be serving up fresh, organic, cage-free shelled eggs daily, pizza dough that is made from scratch, hand-breaded fried entrées (and not from a package), and cookies and muffins hot from the oven – baked fresh in our kitchens every day!
We celebrate the difference local products can make in the quality of a meal, the communities we serve and the environment! At least 20% of the food purchased for your dining program will be purchased locally. That means it's seasonal, fresh and supports local farmers and artisan producers – not to mention good for the environment by cutting down on pollution from transportation.
Your menus will emphasize fresh vegetables, fruits, legumes and whole grains. Soups and sauces are made from scratch with fresh stock, which means richer flavor and less sodium in your diet. We only use trans-fat free canola oil and offer vegetarian options at every meal. Whether you’re looking to power up for a big game or for some brain food to boost your concentration for exams, we’ll have nutritious, health-focused options ready for you.