The purpose of this Disclosure Statement is to inform you of certain rights you have under the Electronic Fund Transfer Act.
Use of the Jefferson Photo ID Badge
You may use your Jefferson Photo ID Badge for:
- Identity, Compliance & Access
- Campus Currency
- Purchasing products/services from the Commuter Services Office
- Scott Memorial Library Access & Item Check-Out
- Printing and copying services in the Scott Memorial Library
- Purchasing Discount Tickets at the Jefferson Bookstore
- Access to the Jefferson Fitness & Recreation Center
- Additional uses to be added in the future.
Limits on the Use of Your Accounts
You may use your Jefferson Photo ID Badge as many times a day as you wish, provided there are sufficient funds in your account(s) to pay for the product/service requested. If you use all the funds in your account(s), you must make another deposit and the funds must be available before your Jefferson Photo ID Badge may be used again.
Lost/Stolen ID Cards
If you believe your Jefferson Photo ID Badge has been lost or stolen, or that an unauthorized transaction with your Jefferson Photo ID Badge has occurred or may occur, please contact Integrated Card Services
For your convenience, the Online Card Center (GET) and the GET Mobile App are available 24 hours a day to report your badge as lost, or found.
If your Jefferson Photo ID Badge is lost or stolen your account(s) will be frozen immediately when you report the loss/theft through the Online Card Center (GET) or GET Mobile App; otherwise the account(s) will be frozen upon reporting the loss/theft to an Integrated Card Services representative. The funds in your account(s) cannot be protected until you report the loss/theft.
When you report your Jefferson Photo ID Badge lost/stolen you must purchase a new card; your account(s) will then be reactivated with the remaining balance from your account(s), subject to the liability set forth in the section Liability for Unauthorized Transactions.
No Charges for Transactions
There are no charges for using your Jefferson Photo ID Badge. There will be a replacement fee to replace your Jefferson Photo ID Badge if it is lost or stolen.
Records of Transactions
You may not receive a printed receipt for each account transaction, but the remaining amount in your account(s) and the amount of the purchase may be displayed at the terminal at the time of the transaction. You may obtain a statement through the Online Card Center (GET) or GET Mobile App showing your transactions and the status of your account(s).
Liability for Unauthorized Transactions
If you believe your Jefferson Photo ID Badge is lost or stolen you can put your account(s) on hold by visiting the Online Card Center (GET), GET Mobile App or you can call Integrated Card Services at 215-955-7942 during regular business hours.
You could lose all your funds in your account(s) if you take no action to notify us of the loss of your Jefferson Photo ID Badge. Once you report the loss through the Online Card Center (GET), GET Mobile App or speak with a Integrated Card Services representative during regular business hours your Jefferson Photo ID Badge will be frozen immediately.
If you do not inform Integrated Card Services about your lost/stolen card, Integrated Card Services and Jefferson are not responsible for any charges made to the account(s).
If you notify Integrated Card Services (online, in-person or via phone) of the loss, your liability for unauthorized transactions using your Jefferson Photo ID Badge will be as follows:
- If you contact us within two (2) business days of your discovery of the loss, you may be liable for up to $50.00 if the badge was used without your permission.
- If you contact us after two (2) business days of your discovery of the loss, you may be liable for up to $500.00 if the badge was used without your permission.
In Case of Error or Questions about Transactions
You must provide the following information:
- Your Name
- ID Barcode number
- Transaction in question
- Dollar amount of the suspected transaction
- Why you believe it is an error/why more information is requested
If you visit Integrated Card Services or communicate via phone, you will be required to send us your complaint/question in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org within two (2) business days.
After we receive your inquiry, we will tell you the result of our investigation within five (5) business days after we hear from you and we will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 15 business days to investigate your complaint/question. If more time is needed to investigate, we will credit your account within 10 business days for the amount you believe to be in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes to complete the investigation. If we do not receive your complaint/question in writing within two (2) business days of your verbal notice, we may not credit your Jefferson Photo ID Badge. If we decide that there is no error, we will send you a written explanation within three (3) business days after we finish our investigation. You may ask for copies of the documents that were used in the investigation. If we credit your account(s) with funds while investigating an error, you must repay those funds if it is concluded that no error has occurred.
Integrated Card Services Business Days & Hours
Monday through Friday – 7:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Saturday – 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
University Holidays are not included:
New Year’s Day
Martin Luther King, Jr Day
Integrated Card Services will also be closed from time-to-time for Inventory and some Saturdays adjacent to holidays (i.e. Easter, Memorial Day, Labor Day, etc.)
Disclosure of Account Information
Our primary purpose in collecting personal/account information is to provide you with a safe, smooth and excellent experience. You agree that we may use your personal/account information to:
- provide the services you request;
- complete transactions;
- respond to requests issued by a court of competent jurisdiction or as required by law or other regulation;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- investigate security breaches or attempted security breaches;
- customize, measure and improve our services and content;
- tell you about our services and those of our affiliated organizations, targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your request; and
- compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
Our Liability for Failure to Complete an Electronic Fund Transfer Transaction
If we fail to complete a transaction on time or in the correct amount, when properly instructed by you, we will be liable for damages caused by our failure unless:
- There are insufficient funds in your account to complete the transaction through no fault of ours;
- Funds deposited to your account have not been made available by a bank, credit card or other financial institution;
- The funds in your account are subject to legal process;
- Your card has been reported lost or stolen and you are using the reported card;
- We have reason to believe that the transaction requested is unauthorized;
- The failure is due to an equipment breakdown which you knew about when you started the transaction;
- The failure was caused by an act of God, fire or other catastrophe, or by another cause beyond our control.
In any case, we shall only be liable for actual proven damages if the failure to make the transactions resulted from a bona fide error despite our procedures to avoid such errors.