BS in Information Technology
No matter what’s fueling your ambition, we have the tools and structure to help you every step of the way as you achieve your goals.
In the Accelerated Bachelor of Science Degree Completion Program information technology major, you will learn everything from basic networking and programming, through computer applications and database management—all while gaining the skills to balance needs assessment and project management, required of IT managers today. This hands-on curriculum will prepare you to meet the expectations of modern workplaces, integrating technologies with the needs and responsibilities of employees.
Accelerated Program Features
Generous transfer credits accepted
Schedule for Your Busy Life: Eight-week terms; hybrid and online courses enable you to schedule your education around life and career demands.
Learn from the Real-world: Experienced faculty give insight into the field, while collaborative projects help develop practical skills while building your network.
To earn a Bachelor of Science degree, you must complete a minimum of 120 credits. These credits are acquired through transfer of credits from previously attended accredited colleges, universities and institutes, and through courses taken at Jefferson. Specific course requirements are listed below.Remaining credits are satisfied with elective courses (48 credits).
- ENGL 101 English Composition
- ENGL (higher than 101)
- Science Elective
- Math Elective
- COMM 220 Speaking to Lead in the Digital Age
- Humanities Elective
- Social Science Elective
- CSSE 101 Learning Across Lifespan
- CPS 210 Financial Concepts for Nonfinancial Leaders
- CLC 310 Creativity Foundations and Applications
- CLC 320 Creativity in the Digital Age
- CLC 330 Project Management
- CLC 340 Leading Diverse Organizations
- CLC 350 Creative Leadership
- IT 211 Intro to Information Systems
- IT 221 Hardware and Operating Systems
- IT 241 Software Development
- IT 320 Database Management
- IT 321 Systems Analysis and Design
- IT 322 Network Management
- IT 323 Cloud Management
- IT 324 Cybersecurity Management
- IT 325 IT Process and Service Management
- IT 499 Information Technology Capstone
Major courses for this program are only available at Jefferson - East Falls Campus.