BS in Information Technology
No matter what’s fueling your ambition, we have the tools and structure to help you every step of the way as you achieve your goals.
In the Accelerated Bachelor of Science Degree Completion Program information technology major, you will learn everything from basic networking and programming, through computer applications and database management—all while gaining the skills to balance needs assessment and project management, required of IT managers today. This hands-on curriculum will prepare you to meet the expectations of modern workplaces, integrating technologies with the needs and responsibilities of employees.
Accelerated Program Features
Generous transfer credits accepted
Schedule for Your Busy Life: Eight-week terms; hybrid and online courses enable you to schedule your education around life and career demands.
Learn from the Real-world: Experienced faculty give insight into the field, while collaborative projects help develop practical skills while building your network.
To earn a Bachelor of Science degree, you must complete a minimum of 120 credits. These credits are acquired through transfer of credits from previously attended accredited colleges, universities and institutes, and through courses taken at Jefferson. Specific course requirements are listed below. Remaining credits are satisfied with elective courses.
College-level courses in writing, math, science, history, social science, humanities, and information systems are required for a Bachelor of Science degree.
- HIST-321 Business, Industry and Work in American History
- HUMN-310 Globalization and World Politics
- SOC-310 The Social Science of the Workplace
- COMM-320 Professional Communication Skills
- CSSEM-499 Professional Studies Capstone Seminar
- CSSEM-300 Professional Practice Seminar
- MGMT-361 Leadership Theory & Ethical Practices
- ECON-331 Economic Decision Making
- STAT-311 Finding and Evaluating Statistical Data
- FINC-323 Financial Decision Making
- IT-201 Learning and Technology
- IT-315 Information Technology I
- IT-317 Information Technology II
- IT-320 Database Management
- IT-410 Needs Assessment
- IT-499 Project Management
*Major courses for this program are only available at Jefferson - East Falls Campus.