The curriculum for the Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy varies based on the program option. Select the curriculum to review below.
Program Technical Standards
Technical standards are the fundamental abilities that are required to complete the degree. These standards are determined by the competency, proficiency and/or skill standards set forth by the appropriate accrediting and professional organizations and apply to classroom, laboratory, and clinical environments. Technical Standards for this program are below:
- Ability to participate in online classroom learning and exchanges.
- Sufficient use of the senses of vision, hearing, somatic sensation, and motor movement necessary to learn and perform applicable laboratory and clinical procedures
- Sufficient cognitive and physical ability to comply with physical, chemical and biohazard precautions.
The use of an assistive device(s), program time extensions or other forms of support necessary to accomplish the requirements of the program are allowed. It is the responsibility of the student to request an appropriate accommodation. Such accommodation must be requested in a timely manner, and must be documented,reasonable, appropriate, and available to Thomas Jefferson University. The University will provide reasonable accommodations provided that such accommodations do not fundamentally alter the nature of the program and/or do not impose an undue hardship such as those that cause significant expense, difficulty or are unduly disruptive to the educational process.
Program-specific requirements are indicated below.
In order for students to qualify for graduation and receive BS in Respiratory Therapy – they must have met or exceeded all the following requirements:
- Earn a minimum of 120 credits
- Complete at least 40 credits of general education and prerequisite courses
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of a 3.0
- Achieve a “C” or better in all didactic/laboratory coursework required for the program
- Successfully earn a “Pass” grade on all clinical courses
[Only for Entry Into Practice BSRT]
- Completion of NBRC secure Therapist Multiple Choice (TMC SAE) tests [Only for Entry Into Practice BSRT]
- Meet all financial obligations to the University
- Complete all University graduation application requirements