At Jefferson, you’re preparing for careers that you will help create!
Interdisciplinary Studies majors become effective professionals who are skilled communicators and solvers of complex social, civic, and professional issues—in local, national or global contexts. Through experience in a variety of liberal arts and professional methodologies, you will become a skilled researcher and thinker who not only knows where to look for information but also is able to assess how to apply disciplinary strengths in innovative ways to a variety of existing and emerging professions.
- Customize your degree by choosing a specialization in one of Jefferson’s interdisciplinary areas—Global Studies, Diversity Studies, Sustainability and Environmental Studies, Medicine and Society, or propose your own specialization.
- Develop critical skills demanded by workplaces such as complex problem-solving, communication, collaboration, critical thinking and empathy.
- Take advantage of internships with Philadelphia’s cultural institutions and nonprofits, as well as corporations.
- Earn a degree that paves the way for a career in growing industries like: civil service, human resources, diversity and inclusion, public relations, healthcare, and environmental specialist roles.
- This program can be completed in as little as 3 years with classes available throughout the summer semesters.