Mission, Vision & Values
Optimizing Healthcare by Putting People First
Our Mission: The mission of the Department of Family and Community Medicine (DFCM) is to provide outstanding and equitable care to all people. Our ultimate goal is to optimize the health of all our patients, families, and communities.
Our Vision: DFCM as a place that values continuous growth of its clinicians, educators and staff to offer comprehensive healthcare to our evolving community, through clinical excellence, education, and advocacy for systemic change to address the impact of racism and inequities affecting our community.
DCFM' Commitment & Jefferson's Values
Put People First
- Embracing diversity, inclusion, cultural humility and mutual respect to ensure an environment supportive and inclusive of all
- Engaging in service to and partnerships with the community
Be Bold & Think Differently
- Maintaining and sustaining work in anti-racism, social justice, and health equity
- Creating a culture supportive of continuous education and innovation to enhance the health of the evolving community, we serve
Do The Right Thing
- Aligning strategic efforts to always provide equitable and exceptional care to all patients.
- Committing to diversity in all staff, volunteers and audiences, including participation in programs, policy formation, and decision-making