If you are a student in a campus resident facility, notify the RA or RC on duty in their residence hall for any emergency.
If you are on campus and outside, look for one of the blue light emergency telephones which, when activated, can connect you directly with a security officer.
Faculty, staff, and students in other locations may contact security at 215-951-2999 for assistance and possible transport to a local emergency room.
Rape or Sexual Abuse
If you have been raped or sexually abused, seek medical attention as soon as possible. It is important to have a medical exam to check for internal injuries, receive medication for sexually transmitted infections, discuss options for HIV and pregnancy prevention, and gather forensic evidence. Even if you are not sure if you want to press charges now, the evidence can be taken with your consent, just in case you change your mind.
Do not shower, eat, drink, smoke, douche, or change clothes before the medical exam. This may destroy evidence.
If able, bring a change of clothes for after the medical exam.
- On-campus: Call 2999 for a free ride from security to the medical center listed below for an exam
- Off-campus: Call 911 or the Special Victims Unit at 215-685-3251 and they will take you to the medical center below for an exam
Philadelphia Sexual Assault Response Center (PSARC)
300 E. Hunting Park Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19124
24-hour hotline: 215-425-1625
Available 24/7 to provide private, confidential medical services that assist in the collection of evidence for cases involving female and male adults (16 years or older) of sexual violence.
- Staff are highly trained and understand the sensitive issues around sexual violence and how to treat you with compassion and humanity.
- Even if you do not want to file a police report or are not sure, the police will still need to escort you to the center for the forensic medical exam.
- Counselors are available for support, to answer questions, and to provide information about resources and services.
- Counseling Services
- Student Health Services
- Title IX Coordinator
- Women Organized Against Rape (WOAR)
24-hour Hotline: 215-985-3333
For more information about the university's policy on sexual misconduct and what you can do if you need help. Call for support from a trained advocate, telephone counseling, crisis intervention, emergency room counseling, follow-up, referrals, court companions, education, training, and literature.
- Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape (PCAR)
- Women Against Abuse
24 hour Philadelphia Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-866-723-3014
- 1 in 6
Online support for men
- Rape Abuse Incest National Network (RAINN)
Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)
- No More
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)