Connect with Us
The MS in Sustainable Design has partnered with Villanova University’s MS in Sustainable Engineering Program to enrich their learning by experiencing sustainability courses at a partner University. Thomas Jefferson University students are allowed to take up to two courses at Villanova (with program director approval, students may take three). Specific courses will have different pre-requisites, however all Jefferson students are to have taken SDN 601 before they can take any of the Villanova courses. Villanova University offers the following courses for Philadelphia University students to choose from:
- Life Cycle / Impact Assessment
- Economic / Social Equity Integrators
- Lake, Stream and Wetland Ecology (with proper chemistry background)
- Water Res. Planning & Management (with proper undergraduate/work experiences)
- Renewable Energy Policy
- Renewable Energy Systems (with proper electrical circuits background)
- Urban Hydrology & Storm Water Management (with proper undergraduate background)
Jefferson has been a member of the USGBC since 2003, helping promote sustainable curriculum across the country. Faculty members in the Program have also been heavily involved in the local Delaware Valley Green Building Council, now known as Green Building United.
Jefferson is a member of the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education and is a signatory of the President's Climate Commitment.