Prepare to be an innovator in the ever-expanding healthcare industry
Early in your education, you are introduced to a range of medical disciplines by faculty who are practicing health professionals. Classwork and volunteer experiences help you to gain insight into your unique skills and interests, while faculty and advisors provide guidance around health careers and paths. Through a combination of required courses and electives including psychology, nutrition, genetics and public health, you can fulfill prerequisites for professional programs, explore academic interests and prepare for different career choices.
You will gain real, hands-on experience during your time at Jefferson from volunteer patient contact that is a required part of your curriculum. This clinical exposure as an undergraduate is part of our signature Nexus learning ™ – and will give you a jump start into graduate studies or professional health careers. Given our location and access to the many medical facilities in and around Philadelphia – our students gain top-notch experience through the university’s affiliations with hospitals, medical offices, and long term care facilities.
You also have the opportunity to gather a global perspective of healthcare with our yearly medical mission trips with the Global Medical Brigade – experience Jefferson graduates are known and valued for. Our students have gone everywhere from Central America to Africa on week-long trips where they perform patient intake and triage, dispense medications under the supervision of a pharmacist, and assist medical providers.
- Instruction by health professionals
- Preparation for a variety of career paths
- Opportunities to gain clinical experience
- Variety of local options for clinical experiences
- Global medical mission trips
- Combined degree options
Combined Degree Program Options
- BS in Health Sciences/MS in Physician Assistant Studies
- BS in Health Sciences/Doctorate in Occupational Therapy
- BS in Health Sciences/MS in Community and Trauma Counseling
- BS in Health Sciences/MS in Athletic Training
- BS in Health Sciences/MS in Medical Laboratory Sciences and Biotechnology
- BS in Health Sciences/MS in Nutrition and Dietetic Practice
Learn about the classes and schedule options available for completing your degree.