Jefferson Institute for Bioprocessing
Transforming Clients’ Molecules into Affordable Medicines
JIB is your CDMO+ Partner for process development, product development and customized training and workforce development. We offer a fully flexible, single-use facility with BSL1 and BSL2 bioprocessing capabilities. Our team supports your organization in preclinical process development and in offering bioprocessing expertise across the major large molecule therapeutic modalities.
About the Jefferson Institute for Bioprocessing
The Jefferson Institute for Bioprocessing (JIB) is a full-service development and training organization specializing in biopharmaceuticals and biologics. We offer early phase pre-clinical process development, product development, analytical, quality control, stability and release testing, world-class industry training, and strong credential programs through Thomas Jefferson University. Our team of bioprocessing experts brings both industry knowledge and seasoned experience to all of our work.
JIB’s fully flexible, state-of-the-art single use facility with BSL1 and BSL2 capability is located in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, just outside Philadelphia. Our space is divided into development areas devoted to therapeutic programs, including proteins, monoclonal antibodies, fusion proteins, bispecific, and antibody drug conjugates. We also support cell and gene therapy, next generation vaccines and viral vectors.
Partner with Us
To learn more about partnering with Jefferson Institute for Bioprocessing for Process Development, Product and Technology Development & Evaluation, Process Analytical Technology, Workforce Development and more, visit our newly launched website: jeffersonbioprocessing.com.
JIB Information Sessions
Through monthly online and on-campus sessions, registrants will be introduced to the application process, the industry, competitive advantages, career paths, salaries and job outlooks. On-campus registrants will also tour our 25,000-square-foot facility in Spring House, PA.
What is JIB?
- The Jefferson Institute for Bioprocessing (JIB) is a specialized training and education institute for single-use-reactor bioprocessing technology used in modern biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
- The focus of the JIB is hands-on training of industry professionals through workshops and certificates and hands-on education of new bioprocessing engineers at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- JIB is partnering with the National Institute for Bioprocessing Research and Training (NIBRT) in Dublin, Ireland.
- JIB training courses will use the internationally recognized NIBRT curriculum and will be certified by NIBRT.
Note that NIBRT will certify the JIB curriculum but is not an authorized accrediting or degree granting body. All JIB degree programs and certificates will be granted by Jefferson and will accredited through Jefferson by the appropriate accreditation bodies, when applicable.
- The pharmaceutical R&D pipeline is becoming increasingly focused on the development of biologics and biosimilars.
- Over 40 percent of all therapeutics currently in the R&D stage are biopharmaceuticals, representing a major shift towards biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
- The largest supply chain risk in the industry, as identified by pharmaceutical manufacturers, is a shortage of properly trained bioprocessing engineers and technicians in biopharmaceutical manufacturing facilities.
- JIB leverages partnerships with industry, academia, and government agencies to provide an industry-facing, global dimension to transdisciplinary, hands-on learning in the growing biopharmaceutical manufacturing industry.
- JIB deploys cutting-edge biopharmaceutical manufacturing technology to support current and future workforce demands while promoting community outreach and engagement for students and practicing professionals.
Why Thomas Jefferson University?
- Thomas Jefferson University is a preeminent national doctoral research university delivering high-impact professional education in 160 undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
- JIB exemplifies Jefferson’s distinctive hands-on, collaborative, transdisciplinary approach to teaching and learning that we call Nexus Learning.
- Jefferson is home to the Sidney Kimmel Medical College and the Kanbar College of Design, Engineering and Commerce.
- The collaboration with NIBRT aligns perfectly with our academic philosophy – preparing students for the future work.