Jefferson Institute for Bioprocessing
About the Jefferson Institute for Bioprocessing
The Jefferson Institute for Bioprocessing (JIB) is a full-service development and training organization specializing in biopharmaceuticals and biologics. We offer early phase pre-clinical process development, product development, analytical, quality control, stability and release testing, world-class industry training, and strong credential programs through Thomas Jefferson University. Our team of bioprocessing experts brings both industry knowledge and seasoned experience to all of our work.
JIB’s fully flexible, state-of-the-art single use facility with BSL1 and BSL2 capability is located in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, just outside Philadelphia. Our space is divided into development areas devoted to therapeutic programs, including proteins, monoclonal antibodies, fusion proteins, bispecific, and antibody drug conjugates. We also support cell and gene therapy, next generation vaccines and viral vectors.
Spring 2022 Conference Series
Our free, one-day conferences for industry professionals aim to advance scientific knowledge across the field. Upcoming events:
- Upcoming sessions will be listed here when available
Space will be limited. For more information, please contact Cameron Bardliving at Cameron.Bardliving@jefferson.edu.
Summer 2022 Internship
JIB is currently seeking highly motivated students that are interested in contributing to the field through the completion of a hands-on internship. Through this opportunity, students gain valuable knowledge, experience and insight into the field while working in a team-based environment with highly experienced mentors with an option for Graduate students to earn transferable credits.
JIB Information Sessions
Through monthly online and on-campus sessions, registrants will be introduced to the application process, the industry, competitive advantages, career paths, salaries and job outlooks. On-campus registrants will also tour our 25,000-square-foot facility in Spring House, PA.
What is JIB?
- The Jefferson Institute for Bioprocessing (JIB) is a specialized training and education institute for single-use-reactor bioprocessing technology used in modern biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
- The focus of the JIB is hands-on training of industry professionals through workshops and certificates and hands-on education of new bioprocessing engineers at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- JIB is partnering with the National Institute for Bioprocessing Research and Training (NIBRT) in Dublin, Ireland.
- JIB training courses will use the internationally recognized NIBRT curriculum and will be certified by NIBRT.
Note that NIBRT will certify the JIB curriculum but is not an authorized accrediting or degree granting body. All JIB degree programs and certificates will be granted by Jefferson and will accredited through Jefferson by the appropriate accreditation bodies, when applicable.