Connect with Us
Our 14,000 square-foot Fashion & Textile Futures Center located in scenic East Falls Philadelphia immerses students in industry-relevant experiences from the moment they step through the door. Students in the BS Fashion Design program are encouraged to work with cross-disciplinary collaborative partners to create designs with powerful retail potential. Design your own custom prints, and bring them to life with a state-of-the-art digital textile printing lab. Partner with textile design students to collaborate on custom jacquards, knits, and other specialty textiles created just for you. Collaborate with industrial designers to create accessories and custom garment closures using professional laser-cutters and 3D printers. Apply sustainable design practices to improve your brand’s global footprint. Work with influential industry brands through sponsored projects designed to connect leading fashion companies with the industry leaders of tomorrow. The possibilities are limitless.
Facility Tools & Technology
- 14,000-square-foot Fashion & Textile Futures Center including (2) large sewing/production studios, (2) computer CAD labs, digital textile printing lab, state-of-the-art jacquard loom, knitting machines, standing looms, and much more
- Computer labs equipped with Wacom Tablets, personal scanners, plotters, and full color printers
- Adobe Creative Cloud (always up-to-date)
- Plotters for creating mood boards, flats, patterns, websites, and portfolios
- CLO 3D Fashion Design Software
- Design studio classrooms, lecture classrooms, and drawing and fashion sketching classrooms
- Sewing labs with industry-standard Juki & Singer machines; multi-thread sergers, buttonhole, coverstitch, zig-zag, chain stitch, and purl marrow machines
- Resource room with access to fabrics research, trims (zippers, buttons, etc), and library of fashion books and magazines
- Pattern drafting tables, Wolf and PGM dress forms, and steam irons
- Access to textile production facilities to collaborate on custom textile development
- Access to spray booth for painting models and industrial design facilities
- Access to rapid prototyping and printing lab, including 3D printers and laser-cutters
Industry-focused from day one, Thomas Jefferson University students prepare for their future careers in the fashion industry. From national competitions to international renown, the work of TJU students is recognized for its innovation, precision and market-readiness.
As a Thomas Jefferson University fashion design student, your immersion into the industry doesn't have to stop at the end of class. Fashion focused extra-curricular activities allow students to delve deeper into whatever aspect of the fashion industry interests them, anywhere from design to merchandising to retail. These groups are responsible for hosting a multitude of fashion related lectures, dinners, pop-up shops, and even fashion shows on TJU's East Falls Campus.
Scholarships, Awards, & Opportunities
Our Fashion and Textile students have the opportunity to compete for a multitude of faculty and industry-based awards.