Office of Admissions
Thomas Jefferson University, East Falls Campus
Office of Graduate Admissions
4201 Henry Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19144
Toll free: 1-800-951-7287
The MS in Engineering.
Continuing the university’s legacy of leading textile technology education, the MS in Engineering, Textile Engineering concentration develops advanced knowledge in the fields of textile science and engineering, preparing students for leading roles in the textile industry.
The program teaches cutting-edge technical textile processes to students with science or engineering backgrounds. Courses focus on fibrous material product development and characterization, and teach techniques such as fabric formation, product development, and product testing. The program familiarizes students with hands-on experience with weaving, knitting, nonwoven and composites equipment in the innovative Fashion and Textiles Futures Center on the East Falls campus.
A capstone thesis experience is required at the completion of program.
Through diverse courses and an interdisciplinary approach, the MS in Engineering, Textile Engineering concentration curriculum helps students cultivate extensive, practical knowledge of the field. Graduates will be well-prepared to make significant contributions in advanced manufacturing technology or textile materials development.
Graduates will have the ability to:
- Collaborate with colleagues from textile engineering, textile chemistry, science or engineering backgrounds
- Make significant contributions in either advanced manufacturing technology or textile materials development
- Build a network of professional connections through work on real-world projects.
- Textile Design (B.S.)
- Textile Design (M.S.)
- Textile Engineering Concentration (B.S.E.)
- Global Fashion Enterprise (M.S.)