4201 Henry Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19144
For all other inquiries, call:
Public Safety Campus Services
Safety Camera Locations
There are more than 155 security cameras positioned around campus feeding back to Public Safety’s Communication Center. See link for map that shows the areas that have coverage.
Thomas Jefferson University is committed to the safety and security of our campus community. While on campus, you are always within sight of one of more than 50 emergency “blue light” telephones which, when activated, connect you directly to the Department of Public Safety. Additionally, there are another 20 emergency phones located in all elevators and other locations inside of our campus buildings.
Walking or Vehicle – A 24-hour escort service is available to anyone who feels unsafe traversing on campus. Public Safety encourages anyone on campus to call if assistance is needed, no matter what the circumstance. For an escort please call 215-951-2999.
Rape Aggression Defense (RAD)
Rape Aggression Defense (RAD) is a program of realistic self-defense tactics and techniques for women. The program is a comprehensive, women-only course that begins with awareness, prevention, risk reduction, and risk avoidance, while progressing on to the basics of hands-on defense training. R.A.D. is not a Martial Arts program. Our courses are taught by nationally certified R.A.D. instructors and provide students with reference documents.
The RAD Systems is dedicated to teaching defensive concepts and techniques against various types of assault by using easy, effective and proven self-defense tactics. The system of realistic defense will provide the knowledge to make an educated decision about resistance.
RAD classes are offered at no charge to female university students, faculty members and staff.
- Click the following link to sign up for RAD classes
While we encourage you to take the weekly semester long course, we won’t turn anyone away if you can only make one session as each class is different.
To register or for more information contact Supervisor Selina Lockwood with the TJU Department of Public Safety at 267-439-9415.
The Department of Public Safety is responsible for access to all buildings on campus both during and outside normal business hours, including the weekends and holidays. Admittance to most University buildings and facilities are limited to members of the University community and authorized visitors. Academic and administrative buildings are locked after normal business hours and all residence halls are monitored by Residential Hall Monitors and controlled by both card and key access. Many access points to University buildings and facilities have alarms that report back to Public Safety when they are not properly secured or opened without authorization.
Event Building/Room Unlock Guidelines:
- All requests for Public Safety to unlock or provide access to buildings/rooms must be received five (5) days in advance of your event date. Information needed to complete your request is as follows:
- Department requesting access
- Date of event
- Time of event, including set up
- Time of event end, including cleanup
- Name of contact person or event host
- Cell phone number of contact person prior to and during the event
- Email of the contact person
- Last-minute requests are discouraged, as requests received within the five (5) day period may not be processed in a timely manner to accommodate your event.
- Should you want to cancel your request for a door to be unlocked the day of your event, you must notify Public Safety at 215-951-2999.
- If a building/room is not unlocked as requested, please contact Public Safety at 215-951-2999 and a Patrol Officer will be dispatched to assist.
Click the following link to fill out the online Building Unlock/Lock Request Form.
Types of Lockouts & What to Do:
- Academic Buildings & Office Lockouts
- DURING & AFTER BUSINESS HOURS 24/7: Contact the Department of Public Safety at 215-951-2999 for assistance. This includes all general lockouts for buildings, offices and rooms. You will need to advise the Communication Officer of your name, cell phone number and the lockout location.
- Residential Lockouts
- DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS of Monday – Friday, 9AM to 5PM: Contact Residential Life Offices at 215-951-2741.
- AFTER HOURS & HOLIDAYS: Contact Public Safety at 215-951-2999. You will need to advise the Communication Officer of your name, cell phone number and the lockout location.
- Key Issues & Emergence Core Changes: Contact Facilities at https://jefferson-isd.webtma.net/ or either Facilities Emergency Repairs 844-240-3095 for assistance. This includes all, including replacement and temporary keys, new locks and lock changes in University housing properties.
Automated External Defibrillators (AED's)
Automated External Defibrillators (AED's) have been placed at specific locations on the Thomas Jefferson University campus.
- To see locations, view the East Falls Campus Security Map (PDF)