Domestic Visiting Medical Students
Domestic Students: Students from U.S. medical colleges must apply using the Domestic Medical Student Application in VSLO.
We are unable to give updates as to the status of an application or the availability of space. We are unable to accept applications outside of VSLO.
The application deadline is eight weeks prior to the start of the rotation block. Departments will make offers no later than six weeks before the start of the rotation.
Once an offer of acceptance is made, students must confirm their attendance within one week or the offer is rescinded and given to the next eligible applicant.
How to Apply
Students from U.S. medical schools should apply using the Domestic Medical Student Application through the Visiting Student Learning Opportunities (VSLO) portal. Application materials must be submitted via VSLO for all rotations.
Required Application Materials
Below is a list of required application materials:
- Visiting Student Learning Opportunities (VSLO) Application
- Official Transcript
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Proof of Health Insurance
- Evidence of Malpractice Insurance
- HIPAA Training Certificate
- BLS/ACLS Certificate
- USMLE Step 1 Test Results (required)
- Proof of Mask/Respirator Fit
Prior to beginning a clinical rotation at Thomas Jefferson University, the Human Resources Department will work with Visiting Students to complete the following:
- Criminal Background Check
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance (for some departments)
- Immunization History (PDF)
- Drug Screening (must be completed within 60 days of start date)
- Proof of COVID-19 Immunization