Space Management & Room Reservations
Space Management & Room Reservations (SMRR) is responsible for scheduling events and classes in 80+ individual spaces on campus. These spaces are used for classes and events that support the academic mission of Thomas Jefferson University. SMRR is involved in course scheduling and works with departments to accommodate non-academic events.
Guidelines for Reserving Space
- Course Scheduling – In the spring of each year, Space Management and Room Reservations (SMRR) and the Registrar’s Office work together with all academic programs to schedule courses for the upcoming academic year.
- Who: Course Coordinators of academic programs
- What: Core curriculum classes
- When: Please refer to the Space Management & Room Reservations Protocol (PDF) for details.
- How: Course Coordinators will be offered training on how to submit course information.
- Non-Course Events – After courses are scheduled, SMRR may be able to accommodate non-course events as far out as the upcoming academic year.
- Who: University staff, hospital staff, and instructors
- What: All events other than courses and student organization events that take place in space managed by SMRR
- When: SMRR begins to accept requests for the upcoming academic year starting in early May of each year. Please refer to the Space Management & Room Reservations Protocol (PDF) for details.
- How: All requests should be submitted through the EMS Web App
- Student Organizations – Any event being organized by a student organization
- Who: Student officers of current and registered student organizations
- What: Any student organization activity that takes place in space managed by SMRR
- When: Student officers are able to submit space requests for the current academic year as early as August. This is in accordance with the policies put in place by the Office of Student Life and Engagement.
- How: Contact the Office of Student Life and Engagement (OSLE) at StudentLife@jefferson.edu. Student officers should NOT submit requests directly to SMRR; this will cause delays. Please refer to OSLE’s Student Organization Protocol.
- Please note: Space managed by SMRR cannot be reserved for activities by students outside a student organization.
Event Support Services
|Set up of dining room, food service,
removal of catering equipment
Place order here
|Seating arrangements, cleanliness of
space, deep cleaning projects
|Maintenance items, room
Place service ticket here
|Medical Media Services -
|In-room technology, AV equipment,
|Please add all AV requests in the EMS Web App.
For questions please email:
|Medical Media Services -
|Building/room access for meetings
and non-Jefferson attendees
Room Use Instructions
As members of the Jefferson community and users of University space, all event organizers and attendees are expected to maintain a professional demeanor.
In addition, everyone is expected to abide by the Space Management and Room Reservations Protocol (PDF). Any violation of the protocol will impact the future reservations of a space by you and your group, and potentially by others.
- Prior to the start of the event:
- Use the EMS Web App to ensure that the space you need is reserved. You can check the EMS Web App to track the status of your request.
- Use the EMS Web App to reserve AV, custodial, and security services within each department’s timeframe.
- Refer to the latest room confirmation to remind yourself of when the space is available for setup and breakdown.
- At the start of the event:
- If another group is using the space right before you:
- Please wait until your start time before attempting to enter the space.
- Please be respectful by keeping conversations at a low volume and to a minimum while waiting to enter the space.
- Check to ensure that the services you requested are delivered and contact the appropriate department if there is a lapse in service.
- At the end of the event:
- Start wrapping up your event/presentation 10 minutes prior to the event end time so that any event scheduled immediately after can begin on time.
- Gather all trash and dispose of it in the correct receptacle. If there is more than you anticipated, please contact custodial services at 215-955-6846.
- Leave the room in a usable condition with tables, chairs, and other University property in good order.
In an event that you find that the space you have reserved is being occupied by another group, please follow these instructions:
- Ensure that you have the correct space and time. This can be verified through the EMS Web App, the University Calendar, or your reservation confirmation.
- After verifying the correct space and time, respectfully inform the other group that you have the space reserved.
- If the other group refuses to leave, please get the identifying information of that group.
- If this happens:
- Monday–Friday between 8:30 a.m.–4 p.m.—contact SMRR at 215-955-8603 or email@example.com
- Monday–Friday after 4 p.m. or on weekends—contact the security guard posted in the lobby. The security guard can verify who has reserved the space.