Registrar’s Office


A diploma is the physical document that is provided to students upon completion of their degree program. Center City graduates receive diplomas on the date of their Commencement activities; East Falls graduates receive diplomas 8–10 weeks after the date of their Commencement activities.

Reprinted Diplomas

You may request your diploma to be reprinted if you need a replacement. Please note: if you graduated from Thomas Jefferson University – East Falls prior to Summer 2017, you are only eligible to receive a diploma reprint from “Philadelphia University.”

In order to request a reprint of your diploma, we require a notarized letter with the information below. Please note: email requests for diploma reprints will not be accepted.

  1. Your name as you would like it printed on the diploma
  2. The reason why you need a diploma reprint

    • Please note for PhD, MD, or Master’s diplomas (Center City graduates): the University will only reprint your diploma if it was damaged. The damaged diploma will need to be returned to the University prior to a new one being issued.
  3. Your Social Security number
  4. The month and year of your graduation
  5. The degree that you were awarded and the program you completed
  6. The address where you would like the diploma sent (please note: diplomas cannot be mailed to P.O. Boxes)
  7. Current phone number
  8. Current email address

Along with the notarized letter, send checks payable to the Registrar’s Office. All forms of checks are acceptable. Mail both the notarized letter and the check to the Registrar’s Office corresponding to the campus you attended.


  • Associate’s or Bachelor’s diplomas—$50
  • PhD, MD, or Master’s diplomas—$90

Processing Time

  • Associate’s or Bachelor’s diplomas—may take up to three weeks
  • PhD, MD, or Master’s diplomas—may take six to nine weeks, because an outside vendor is contracted by the University to reprint these diplomas.

Apostille Diplomas

An Apostille diploma is authenticated with the seals and signatures of officials so that it can be recognized in foreign countries that are members of the 1961 Hague Convention Treaty. Information about what an Apostille document is can be found on the Pennsylvania Department of State website. Fill out the Diploma Request Form (for Apostille) (PDF) to request an Apostille diploma. After you receive the notarized diploma, you need to provide it to the Pennsylvania Department of State, along with an Apostille/Certification Request Form (PDF).