Rehabilitation Sciences STEP-UP
Summer Training & Enrichment Program
The Jefferson College of Rehabilitation Sciences (JCRS) High School STEP-UP serves rising juniors and seniors who wish to explore careers in exercise science, physical therapy (PT), occupational therapy (OT), athletic training (AT), and speech-language pathology (SLP) and who are traditionally underrepresented in these disciplines. These include:
- students from underrepresented racial/ethnic minorities,
- first-generation college students,
- students from socioeconomically disadvantaged backgrounds,
- students who identify within the LGBTQ+ communities.
STEP-UP is a two-day program that increases students’ knowledge of the important role rehabilitation professionals play on the health care team and helps students understand what they can do to become competitive applicants for undergraduate and graduate programs in these fields.
The program provides:
- an overview of each profession (AT, PT, OT, SLP, Exercise Science),
- an overview of the undergraduate degree paths that will prepare students for graduate programs,
- an overview of the financial aid and application processes,
- strategies for writing a personal statement and for successful interviewing,
- strategies for academic success during undergraduate education.
The 2022 program has concluded. Check back in the spring to apply for the 2023 summer program.
Who: High school students who will be in 11th or 12th grade during the 2022-23 school year
Dates: August 2-3, 2022
Time: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Location: Jefferson - East Falls Campus