Transfer Credits, Scholarships & Discounts
Completing your education is a significant investment. At Jefferson, we understand how much you’ve put into your degree already—and we want to make sure that your hard work pays off. That’s why we accept up to 72 credits toward your Thomas Jefferson University degree.
In addition to accepting transfer credits, we offer a program called Prior Learning Assessment where you can get credits for prior professional work experience. Talk to an academic advisor to find out how we can get you credit.
*Applicants to the Accelerated Bachelor of Science Degree Completion Program must have a minimum of 30 transferable credits in order to enroll.
Students may transfer credits from:
- Previously attended colleges, universities or institutes (college-level courses with grade C or higher)
- Prior Learning Assessment
- Military training (military transcripts are available at www.acenet.edu
- College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) exams
- DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST) exams
- Paramedic License (wallet card)—Paramedic certification can contribute a 42 credit transfer block toward your degree
- Prior certifications
Associates Degree Scholarships
If you have completed your associates degree at certain area colleges within three years of enrolling in the School of Continuing and Professional Studies at Jefferson, you may be eligible for a partial scholarship.
Applicants with a graduating GPA of 3.0-3.49 are eligible for a 20% tuition scholarship, and applicants with a graduating GPA of 3.50-4.0 are eligible for a 25% tuition scholarship. Scholarships continue throughout the bachelor’s program as long as a GPA of 3.0 is maintained.
Partner colleges include:
- Bucks County Community College
- Camden County College
- Community College of Philadelphia
- Delaware County Community College
- Mercer County Community College
- Montgomery County Community College
- Pennsylvania Institute of Technology
Additional Scholarships and Discounts
City Employee: As a Philadelphia city employee, both you and your spouse or partner are eligible to receive a 25% discounted tuition rate in Jefferson's Accelerated Bachelor of Science Degree Completion Program.
Philadelphia Carpenters JAC: Graduates of the Philadelphia Carpenters JAC receive a 25% tuition discount and transfer 48 credits toward Jefferson's Accelerated Bachelor of Science Degree Completion Program.
The Alliance: Employees of members of The Alliance of Community Service Providers receive a 25% tuition discount toward Jefferson's Accelerated Bachelor of Science Degree Completion Program.