PHASE 3 begins in the spring of third year, allowing ample time for career exploration and development of specialty-specific skills
Length: 12 Months
- Students encouraged to identify specialty interest
- Science and skills training deepen exploration of specialty interest
- Students continue to work on common and specialty competencies for residencies
- Time included to prep for USMLE Step 2 and take vacation
- Program of scholarly inquiry wraps up
- Apply for post-graduate training
Students begin Phase 3 during the spring of their third year allowing flexibility and specialization opportunities during this phase. All students complete core rotations and must fulfill all SKMC competencies.
JeffMD Schedule Overview
Click to enlarge image.