Professional ESL tutors at the Jefferson University East Falls Campus have specialized knowledge of helping students learn English as a second language.
ESL tutors can help students:
- Understand an assignment
- Organize ideas before or during a writing project
- Clarify English vocabulary
- Deal with grammar issues
- Document research papers properly to avoid plagiarism
- Paraphrase authors' ideas so writing and citations respect academic integrity
- Prepare and practice oral presentations
- Practice fluency and improve pronunciation
In addition to professional writing tutoring and oral presentation skills tutoring, peer tutors are available as ESL conversation partners.
Additionally, once a month we hold a Conversations Across Cultures meeting to discuss cultural practices and ways of communicating, all while working on speaking and comprehending spoken English.