Finance for Staff
Cash Handling & Deposits
- University deposits are made daily.
- When checks require deposit, complete a Standard Cash Deposit form and hand deliver or place in interdepartmental mail to:
- Curtis Center, Suite 925E
- When currency (including money orders) requires deposit, complete a Standard Cash Deposit form and hand deliver to:
- Curtis Center, Suite 925E. Please use the elevators located behind the lobby fountain as all elevator banks in the building do not provide access to our suite
- Wait for cashier to count in your view
- Departments expecting a wire transfer should notify Treasury Operations and complete a Wire Transfer Authorization form and deliver to:
- 511A Scott
- Deposits returned from bank:
- for non-sufficient funds will be re-deposited a second time
- for any other reason will be returned to originating department to obtain a replacement check
- Foreign checks will reflect the exchange rate net of bank conversion fees, if any
- University departments with a high cashiering volume may be eligible to present their deposits directly to the bank.:
- contact us to determine eligibility
- once approved, submit electronic Standard Deposit Upload Sheet to Enterprisecash@jefferson.edu for each deposit
- If reclass or correction of a deposit required, complete a Request for Cash Transfer
Ensuring Success Tidbits
- Make timely deposits.
- Complete a Standard Cash Deposit Form to accompany your deposit.
- Complete a separate Standard Cash Deposit Form when checks and currency.
- Deliver unidentified checks payable to the University to Curtis Center, Suite 925E.
- Review cashiering activity on financial systems.