The Thomas Jefferson University Hospital Residency Program in Internal Medicine only accepts applications through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). We cannot process applications received through any other electronic or paper medium.
For the 2023 ERAS cycle, our program will be participating in the supplemental ERAS application offered through the AAMC's ERAS program. Participation is optional. Applicants will be required to complete the MYERAS application.
- Dean's Letter/MSPE
- Departmental Letter/Structured Evaluation Letter
- Minimum of three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- Medical College Transcript
- Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- USMLE Step 1 and Step 2
- We require U.S. clinical experience in order to be considered for an interview. H1 and J1 visas are sponsored.
- ECFMG Certificate (if applicable)
* Additional USMLE Information – Internal Medicine interns are required to pass USMLE Step I and Step II. Please note that it takes approximately 4-8 weeks for the USMLE Board to release the scores; therefore we advise taking the exam no later than March of the year in which you are starting your internship.
Important Notes for Applicants
U.S. Clinical experience is required (observerships are not counted as USCE)
We do NOT offer observerships or externships
Graduation within the last 3 years is preferred
There are 33 Categorical spots and 4 Primary Care spots
Fellowship opportunities are available
We sponsor both H1 and J1 visas (we are exempt from the H1 cap)
You must be ECFMG certified to be considered for an interview (the only exception is if you are still in Medical School)
We offer couples match
A minimum of 3 LORs are required.
ERAS Supplemental Application
For the 2023 ERAS® cycle, our program will be participating in the supplemental ERAS application offered through the AAMC's ERAS program. Participation is optional. Applicants will be required to complete the MyERAS application.
The additional information will help our program staff learn more about applicants’ medical education journey, including more meaningful information about work, volunteer, and research experiences, and help us better identify applicants who fit our program environment and mission.
This supplemental ERAS application will be delivered on a survey platform outside the MyERAS application and must be completed between September 1 and September 30.
Residency Program Contact Information
Residency Program Coordinator
Deborah Richards, MS