The Thomas Jefferson University Hospital Residency Program in Internal Medicine only accepts applications through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). We cannot process applications received through any other electronic or paper medium.
- Dean's Letter/MSPE
- Departmental Letter/Structured Evaluation Letter
- A minimum of three (3) Letters of Recommendation (this can include the Dept Letter/SEL).
- Medical College Transcript
- Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- USMLE/COMLEX Step 1 and Step 2
- We require U.S. clinical experience in order to be considered for an interview. H1 and J1 visas are sponsored.
- ECFMG Certificate (if applicable)
* Additional USMLE/COMLEX Information – Internal Medicine interns are required to pass USMLE/COMLEX Step I and Step II. Please note that it takes approximately 4-8 weeks for the USMLE Board to release the scores; therefore we advise taking the exam no later than March of the year in which you are starting your internship.
Important Notes for Applicants
U.S. clinical experience is required (observerships are not counted as USCE).
We do NOT offer observerships or externships.
Graduation within the last three years is preferred.
There are 33 Categorical spots and four Primary Care spots.
Fellowship opportunities are available.
We sponsor both H1 and J1 visas (we are exempt from the H1 cap).
You must be ECFMG certified to be considered for an interview (the only exception is if you are still in Medical School).
We offer couples match.
A minimum of three LORs are required.
Deborah Richards, MS
Residency Program Coordinator
Internal Medicine Residency Program