- Program Director
- Francis E. Rosato Professor in Surgery
We select only from among the pool of eligible applicants and evaluate each applicant on the basis of their preparedness, ability, academic credentials, communication skills and personal qualities such as motivation, honesty and integrity. The Program does not discriminate with regard to sex, race, age, religion, color, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The Department will only accept those application materials sent electronically through ERAS
October 1, 2023 is the application deadline.
No applications will be accepted after that date.
Applicants must fulfill all of the qualifications for appointment as outlined by the institution. Namely, applicants must be one of the following:
- Graduates of medical colleges in the United States and Canada accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME).
- Graduates of colleges of osteopathic medicine in the United States accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
- Graduates of medical colleges outside the United Sates who have completed a Fifth Pathway program provided by an LCME accredited medical College.
A complete application includes:
- 3 letters of recommendation from general surgeons (including a Chairman's letter)
- USMLE board scores - Step II is REQUIRED
- an official medical College transcript
- a Dean’s letter
- a personal statement
- international graduates must submit a valid ECMFG certificate