Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University

Frequently Asked Questions

The "Name Change Form" can be found at the University Forms page on our website.

Please note, name changes to student records will be made only in the following cases:

  • Change due to marriage/divorce.
    Document needed to be provided: A copy of the marriage certificate or final divorce decree.
  • Legal name change (i.e. adoption, court order).

Document needed to be provided: A copy of the legal document ordering or verifying the change.

In the rare event that a name change request is due to a clerical error, a driver's license or similar government-issued identification is sufficient verification.

A request to change your social security number in the University's administrative systems must be made in person at the appropriate office.

If you are a student-employee and your social security number is incorrect in the university personnel system, you must present your social security card which reflects your correct social security number to the Department of Human Resources, 1st Floor, Martin Building.

If you are a student, and are not employed with the University, please bring your social security card to the University Office of the Registrar, located in the Curtis Building, Suite 115.

Please note, if your are correcting your Social Security Number, we advise you to check with other administrative offices (e.g. Student Financial Aid) to ensure this correction is reflected in documents you previously submitted to those departments.

Former students and alumni who used Banner while they were a student at Thomas Jefferson University, will maintain the ability to access their records online through Banner.  They can log-in to Banner at

Thomas Jefferson University utilizes the services of the National Student Clearinghouse to verify student enrollment.  If a student wishes to have a letter written verifying their enrollment, our office will be able to process this request.  The student would need to fill out an "Enrollment Certification Request" from the University Forms page on the Registrar Website. 

The Office of the Registrar also processes loan deferment forms for students who are currently attending classes.  Deferment forms may be available from the lender's website. 

Please note that Enrollment Certification letters and loan deferment forms will not be processed for a term prior to the start date of that term. 

For Graduate level students:

  • 9.0 or more credits = Full-time
  • 5.0 to 8.5 credits = Half-time
  • Up to 4.5 credits = Less than Half-time

For Undergraduate level students:

  • 12.0 or more credits = Full-time
  • 6.0 to 11.5 credits = Half-time
  • Up to 5.5 credits = Less than Half-time

Once online registration has closed for the term students will need to obtain approval from their department for dropping or adding a course.  Students should fill out a "Schedule Change Form" which is located in the Jefferson Colleges' Form page on the Registrar website. 

Students and alumni are able to print out an unofficial transcript from Banner.  Unofficial transcripts can also be requested in our office, with the student providing valid photo identification. 

Official transcripts can be purchased online or requested in person.  Online transcript requests are $5/transcript for current students and $10/transcript for alumni and former students.  There is a $20/transcript fee for all requests that are done in person.  All transcripts requested in the office will be processed at that time. 

                                                   For the Jefferson Colleges (JCLS, JCHP, JCN, JCP, and JCPH) students should fill out a "Change of Status form" found in the Jefferson Colleges section of the Forms page.

SKMC students should contact the Office of Student Affairs to discuss changing their status.