Residential Life-East Falls Campus

Room Information

While every effort will be made to meet a resident’s preference, the University reserves the right to make all assignments of rooms and roommates and does so without regard to age, color, creed, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation. 

What’s in Your Room

Room Features and Furnishings

  • All residential rooms include the following for each resident:
  • Extra-long twin bed (36” x 80”)
  • Desk and desk chair
  • Dresser and/or wardrobe
  • Cable television connection
  • Data port for internet and network connection

What to Bring

  • Alarm clock
  • Bed linens (extra-long sheets fit best)
  • Blanket, comforter, and pillows
  • Cleaning supplies
  • Desk lamp
  • Laundry basket and supplies
  • Telephone
  • Wastebasket

Things to Consider Bringing

  • Area Rugs
  • Computer
  • Fan
  • Fun-tac adhesive for pictures
  • Iron and ironing board
  • Stereo and television
  • Surge protectors and/or power strips

Prohibited Items

  • Air conditioners
  • Halogen lamps and sunlamps
  • Hot plates, heating coils
  • Microwave ovens (except in townhouses and apartments)
  • Open-flame items such as candles and incense
  • Pets
  • Toaster ovens
  • Waterbeds

Additional Information

Refrigerator and MicroFridge Program
During the summer months, students receive rental information for refrigerators and refrigerator/microwave combination units through a non-University vendor. Refrigerators are available in a small refrigerator unit or a combination unit containing a refrigerator, freezer, and microwave. Residents also have the option to bring their own refrigerator unit up to 4.3 cubic feet in size, but may only have microwaves offered through the rental program. Rooms are only permitted one refrigerator per room. Residents in 4 – 5 person rooms may have two 4.3 cubic feet refrigerators.

Residents of the Townhouses and Independence Plaza may bring their own microwave up to .6 cubic feet in size with a maximum of 700W cook and 300W defrost capability.

Decorating Your Room
Our residence hall mattresses are twin extra-long. To ensure you have the right size linens, we have made special arrangements with Our Campus Marketing (OCM). OCM is your online superstore for college supplies. Since you’re preparing to live at Jefferson - East Falls, we know just what will be needed to make your residence hall room comfortable and all-around conducive to college life. When shopping for your residence hall room, OCM is your one-stop-shop. Our goal is clear and simple: we'll provide great products, all at student-discount prices, so as to help you enjoy your year at Jefferson - East Falls.

Care Packages
Parents of our incoming and current Jefferson - East Falls students have the opportunity to purchase Welcome to Campus care packages for scheduled delivery of August 27th. Orders can be placed via our secure webstore here. Orders should be placed by end of day, August 15th, but order prior to then to ensure availability of more popular packages. You can also order packages for different times of the year. Check out our site for more information. We thank you for your support!

Cars on Campus
Only students with twenty-four (24) or more credits may have a car on campus. Parking on Main Campus is limited; Please be aware that first-year resident students with 29 or fewer credit hours at the beginning of the term are not permitted to have a vehicle on campus without approval, Students living on Main Campus may be required to park in the Ravenhill parking area. For more information please visit Parking at Jefferson.

The University does not provide storage for students at any time. Any summer storage should be arranged by the student on his/her own. The Office of Residential Life can provide information about local storage companies.

Mail Services
The University provides each student with an individual campus mailbox. Please refer to the Student Handbook available online for specific information and services.

Information Technology
The University provides each student with an individual email account and voicemail box in their residence area. For more specific information regarding on-campus technology and computer-network services, please refer to the Office of Information Technology website and the Student Handbook.