The Office of Residential Life's staff strives to ensure that students have a comfortable and safe living envrionment within the residence halls. Below is information for students to be aware of about the residence halls:
- First Year students are housed on the Ravenhill Campus and do not get to choose the residence hall, room, or number of roommates that they will have.
- Once a student is assigned a room, they will not be able to change that room assignment until after the first two weeks of the semester when the Room Change process opens.
- The University reserves the right to make all assignments of rooms and roommates and does so without regard to age, color, creed, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
What’s in Your Room
Room Features and Furnishings
- All residential rooms include the following for each resident:
- Extra-long twin bed (36” x 80”)
- Desk and desk chair
- Dresser and/or wardrobe
- Cable television connection
- Data port for internet and network connection
What to Bring
- Bed linens (extra-long sheets fit best)
- Blanket, comforter, and pillows
- Cleaning supplies
- Desk lamp
- Laundry basket and supplies
- Trash Can
Go to Frequently Asked Questions for more information on what is permitted and not permitted in the residence halls.
Refrigerator & MicroFridge Program
During the summer months, students receive rental information for refrigerators and refrigerator/microwave combination units through a non-University vendor. Refrigerators are available in a small refrigerator unit or a combination unit containing a refrigerator, freezer, and microwave. Residents also have the option to bring their own refrigerator unit up to 4.3 cubic feet in size, but may only have microwaves offered through the rental program. Rooms are only permitted one refrigerator per room. Residents in 4 person rooms may have two 4.3 cubic feet refrigerators.
Residents of the Townhouses and Independence Plaza may bring their own microwave up to .6 cubic feet in size with a maximum of 700W cook and 300W defrost capability.
Decorating Your Room
Residential Life partners with Our Campus Marketing (OCM)/Dormify, the online superstore for college supplies. Since you’re preparing to live at Jefferson - East Falls, they know just what will be needed to make your residence hall room comfortable and all-around conducive to college life. When shopping for your residence hall room, OCM/Dormify is your one-stop-shop. Their goal is clear and simple: we'll provide great products, all at student-discount prices, so as to help you enjoy your year at Jefferson - East Falls.
Parents/Guardians of incoming and current Jefferson - East Falls students have the opportunity to purchase Care Packages for students. There are different packages for different times of the year including: Welcome to Campus, Halloween, Fall Finals, Valentine's, Spring Surprise and Spring Finals packages. Check out the Jefferson SWAKU site for detalis and package ordering!
Campus Storage provides students with an easy solution to move and store their belonging over summer break. The process is simple:
- Sign up online at www.campusstorage.com/signup/step_two/104 using code TJU30 for 30% off the first month of storage.
- Campus Storage will ship packing kits straight to your off campus residence or campus mailroom if you need them.
- Our Campus Storage moving team will pick up your items directly from your room during your selected date and time within a 1–2-hour time window that you choose.
- Campus Storage stores your items locally in a secure and climate-controlled warehouse near campus.
- When you return to school, Campus Storage will deliver your items directly to your residence hall or off-campus residence.