Summer Undergraduate Research Program
Jefferson College of Life Sciences sponsors summer research positions for juniors/rising seniors. These positions provide opportunities for undergraduate students to work in the laboratories of active faculty researchers.
The program is designed to provide a rich experience for students interested in pursuing their graduate studies in the biomedical/life sciences.
Highlights of the program include:
- A stipend of $4,000 (please note, housing is not provided for this program)
- A 10-week research experience from May 30 through August 4, 2023
- Research experience with world-renowned faculty in the following research areas:
- Biochemistry & Molecular Pharmacology
- Cell Biology & Regenerative Medicine
- Genetics, Genomics & Cancer Biology
- Immunology & Microbial Pathogenesis
- Tissue Engineering
- Weekly lunch and informal discussions with current graduate students and former Summer Undergraduate Research Program students
- Weekly professional development sessions
February 15, 2023
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Submitted Application
- Transcripts from any college or university attended (Unofficial copy can be uploaded)
- 2 letters of recommendation, preferably from science faculty; however, one letter can be from a professional reference/supervisor.
- Letters should be emailed to email@example.com with the subject line: Jefferson SURP Recommendation.
- Essay Questions (You will be asked to upload the document as part of the application)
- Resume/CV (You will be asked to upload the document as part of the application)
If you have additional application questions, please contact: Marc.Stearns@jefferson.edu