Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
The Jefferson College of Population Health at Thomas Jefferson University (Philadelphia, PA) has launched a national search to recruit an accomplished academic administrator to serve as its next Associate Dean for Academic Affairs. Reporting to the Dean of the College and serving as a member of the College’s senior leadership team, the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs has primary administrative responsibility over all academic functions of the College, including faculty, student, and alumni affairs; recruitment and enrollment management; program and curricular matters; and academic policies and procedures.
About the Position
The next Associate Dean for Academic Affairs will be a member of the College’s senior leadership team and will have the opportunity to innovate across the Jefferson enterprise and advance population health for society through the College’s premier educational offerings, research, and thought leadership. The role includes the establishment of additional educational programs, new workforce development initiatives across Jefferson Health and other clinical partners, and new academic-practice partnerships in the Philadelphia region.
- Provide administrative oversight of the development, implementation, and evaluation of academic programs in partnership with program directors and faculty.
- Liaise with applicable College and University shared governance committees on matters pertaining to academic, curricular, student, and faculty affairs.
- Lead enrollment management activities, including recruitment, marketing, admissions, and retention.
- Oversee faculty recruitment, hiring, development, and performance evaluation in consultation with program directors.
- Develop and direct alumni activities and engagement.
- Support the College’s diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts and oversee the implementation of applicable administrative changes.
- Serve as primary authority over all academic policies, and procedures.
- Represent the College at all academic events and activities.
- Earned terminal degree in a field related to the College’s academic areas.
- At least five years of senior academic management experience at a college or university of comparable size and complexity as a program director, department chair, assistant/associate dean, or similar role.
- Record of teaching, research, and service activities commensurate with an appointment at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor in the College.
- Extensive knowledge of accreditation standards and academic regulations, policies, and operations in higher education.
- Demonstrated experience overseeing, managing, and mentoring staff, junior faculty, and senior-level leaders.
- Record of translating strategic plans into day-to-day operations management and achieving business and financial targets.
- History of successful collaboration and consensus-building with diverse stakeholders on research, service, and/or administrative activities.
- Evidence of building diverse, high-performing teams.
More Information & How to Apply
Compensation & Benefits
Thomas Jefferson University offers a total rewards package to meet the needs of its employees and their families. Salary packages are commensurate with the skills and experience of the selected candidate. Benefits include medical, vision, and dental coverage; paid time off; retirement contributions; tuition assistance; wellness programs; and numerous discounts and perks. Reimbursement for relocation expenses is available.
Commitment to Diversity
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
How to Apply
Confidential inquiries, nominations, and expressions of interest should be sent to the College Dean, Billy Oglesby, PhD or call 215-955-6648.
To apply for this position access Careers@Jefferson for the position description and application guidance. The Job ID is 9275126. You will be prompted to create an account when applying for the job.