Operational Excellence Bootcamp
September 23 - 24, 2021
The OPX Boot Camp is an intensive and interactive 2-day program. Participants will learn to apply lean thinking, process improvement & change management strategies to increase operational efficiency within an organization.
Day 1: Overview and application of core OPX improvement strategies and tools.
Day 2: Driving Change-tools, strategies, and techniques to build high-performing teams, facilitate change, and become an effective leader.
Participants will learn to:
- Develop a strategic, systematic approach for evaluating and addressing operational opportunities for improvement into your care setting.
- Integrate quality, safety, and transformation/ change management tools to promote efficiency.
- Develop approach for strategic execution of high priority opportunities.
- Distinguish and leverage key elements of leadership and develop high-performing teams.
Following the Boot Camp, participants will have the opportunity for mentored coaching calls with faculty to discuss specific improvement projects/initiatives they are implementing.
Who Should Attend?
Clinical and operational leaders responsible for service delivery at their healthcare organizations: physicians, nurses, therapists, healthcare administrators, service line leaders, health IT specialists/ analysts, integrated delivery system administrators, and others.
Featured Expert Faculty
Dennis R. Delisle, ScD, FACHE
Assistant Director, Operational Excellence, JCPH
Executive Director, University Hospital
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
Shane Flickinger, MHA, FACHE, CLSSBB
Vice President, Operations
Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals
$1,700 individual group rate
(3 or more from same organization)
Price includes access to our online course site, a copy of the newly release 2nd edition of Lean Healthcare: A Practical Guide for Executing Lean Improvements with Real-World Case Studies, by Dennis R. Delisle ($75 value).
The program features a combination of lecture, didactic and small group exercises. Due to the hands-on and applied nature of the work, the session is limited to 25-35 participants.
The Jefferson Difference
- Sessions include case studies and real-world workplace examples.
- Network with and learn from other participants facing similar challenges.
- Come away with the skills and knowledge to help focus your organization’s quality and safety efforts.
- Online access to coursework and materials, during and for 6 months after the program.