Population Health Academy
The Population Health Academy workforce development programs offer practical training for health professionals working to address today's most pressing health care challenges. Designed to enhance your career, these diverse and innovative programs, provide college-level learning solutions, led by JCPH faculty and community experts.
The programs are designed to:
- Broaden your perspective on today’s most pressing healthcare issues
- Enhance leadership skills by providing the tools to make changes within your organization
- Prepare you with the essential subject matter knowledge for career growth and transition
Population Health Essentials offers a 3-day comprehensive overview of population health and outlines the fundamentals necessary to improve outcomes and reduce costs.
Through case studies and real-life workforce applications, participants will review and analyze key areas of population health.
This 2-day workshop session builds upon concepts learned Population Health Essentials and provides the opportunity for participants to focus on developing actionable strategies and practical solutions specific to their organization’s needs.
Session requirement: successful completion of Population Health Essentials or previous Population Health Academy graduate
This Boot Camp is an intensive 2-day interactive program that will provide the tools, framework and strategies needed for organizations to embark on and sustain the high reliability journey.
This 2-day program will lay a foundation of evaluation and issue identification; process improvement strategies and tools; and case-studies/simulations to apply concepts. The program will expand on the OPX improvement strategies by teaching participants effective ways to facilitate rapid improvements through teams; build a robust change management strategy; and identify ways to augment their personal leadership style.
Programs are held on the Thomas Jefferson University campus in Philadelphia, PA and features a combination of lecture, didactic and small group exercises. Due to the hands-on and applied nature of the work, sessions are limited to 20-35 participants.
The Jefferson Difference
- Programs held on Thomas Jefferson University center city campus in Philadelphia, PA
- Sessions include case studies and real-world workplace examples
- Network with and learn from other participants facing similar challenges
- Come away with the skills and knowledge to help focus your organization’s quality and safety efforts
- Online access to coursework and materials, during and for 6 months after the program
In support of improving patient care, Thomas Jefferson University is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.