Undergraduate Policies

Grade Change

All grades become part of the permanent records of the University at the end of the semester. Following this, no grades may be changed without the written approval of the faculty and associate dean of the college offering the course.

  • Forms for change of grades may be found online on the University Registrar’s website.
  • This in no way affects the institutional policy regarding the grade of “Incomplete.”

Academic Standing and Grade Change

In the case of a grade change for a student on probation, the university can reassess the student’s academic standing if the grade change results in the student returning to good academic standing. In order to initiate a reassessment of academic standing, the student must contact the Registrar’s Office in writing.

  • Reassessment of Academic Standing is not automatic after a grade change is received. After the request is received, the Registrar’s Office will update the student to good academic standing if they now meet the requirements outlined in the “Academic Standing” section of the catalog. Students will be notified in writing of any change in their academic standing as a result of a grade change. This notice must be issued by the Registrar’s Office in order to officially change a student’s academic standing status.


See Also:  Academic Standing