- Foreign program must be approved by the Study Away Office
- Completion of the online study abroad application and all supporting materials [Letters of recommendation from two faculty members, transcript (official or official, depending on the program), essay questions and course approval from Academic Advisor/Program Director]
- Individual appointment with the Study Away program manager, or attend one of our approved program advising sessions.
- Certification from the Office of Student Life that the student is not on disciplinary probation
- Completion of 60 credits prior to departing for a summer/semester/year-long program. (The completion of 60 credits may apply for participation in short courses; see guidelines by course.)
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 (Please note: many foreign institutions may require a higher GPA of 2.75 or 3.0) and certification that the student is not on academic probation.
- Additional documents, an external application, and/or a portfolio of work may be required and will be noted on the Study Abroad application.
This policy does not apply to Continuing and Professional Studies students.